1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Changing Destination in the service menu

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by bseker, Aug 6, 2004.

1. bseker

bseker New Member

Does changing the destination country change values on the displays? (like showing l/100 km instead of MPG?)

Did anybody try that?

Here is the page to get to the service menu:

http://www.vassfamily.net/ToyotaPrius/Custommenus.html

2. mboileau

mboileau New Member

I went through this exercise with a NAV system in a Jag X-Type. Changing the NAV from US to UK, for example, caused the displayed and spoken words to change to local colloquialisms (sp?). If I forgot to close the trunk, I got a "Trunk Open" message for US and a "Boot Open" message for UK.

In that car, the Audio system also functioned differently when set to a non-US country. It was much more than simply changing the displayed FM frequencies from odd decimal numbers to even decimal numbers. The RDS type assignments are completely different overseas. The categories were all mixed up so Rock wasn't Rock, etc., but RDS still worked.

The most interesting oddity was that this car had a built-in FM booster amp which the software disabled when US was selected. Aooarently, FM signals are difficult to lock onto, at least in the UK, without such a booster. When UK was selected, a new button appeared on the Settings screen which allowed you to activate the booster. The equipment and functionality was there all the time, but disabled because of your selected country. Needless to say, I left that system set to UK.

This may be off on a tangent, but basically without further comparison of all functions between users in different countries, it's hard to tell exactly what the differences may be.