1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Changing headlights

Discussion in 'Prius c Accessories and Modifications' started by markg, Oct 1, 2012.

1. markg

markg New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    A bit of background -
    My wife recently purchased a 2012 Prius. We live in the mountains of western NC. Every road around here has twists, turns, climbs and dips. During the day this is no problem. However at night, this is dangerous. The low beam lights on the Prius have a very sharp cutoff. Going into a dip, we can only see a very short distance. If the dip is followed by a turn, things can get very scary. When I drove the Prius at night, I felt like I was driving in the fog. At times, I could only see about 3 or 4 reflectors ahead on the road.

Question -
    Can the reflectors or headlight assemblies be altered to provide a more gradual cutoff? Do any older Prius models have a more gradual cutoff? If so, can they be installed in the 2012 model? I have thought about scuffing up the reflector to alter the cutoff. Does anyone have any suggestions?

TIA

OOPS - This ended up in the "C" forum. I should have posted this in the "V" forum. My mistake.

2. Revan86

Revan86 Animal nerd and alt car guy

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    No worrys we are all part of the Prius family. Your just the older fatter brother lol :)