1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Changing the front seats

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by kente777, Dec 5, 2005.

1. kente777

kente777 New Member

With all the negative feelings on the uncomfortableness of the front seats, has anyone thought about buying new custom seats for their Prius? I, myself, would like lumbar supports.

Is this too expensive an option? I would love to put in a custom seat with lumbar supports. Maybe even heated seats.

Thoughts?

Ken

2. Jack 06

Jack 06 New Member

Winters, CA: Prius capital of US. 30 miles W of S
    There have been a couple of "seat" threads in which almost all options have been discussed. Hmmm. In the most recent, the title of the thread began with HELP! (as some others do, to be sure :lol: ), and I think it was in the main forum. It may be about 10-15 pages in by now. If you can't find it, I'll try, right after breakfast.

3. tumbleweed

tumbleweed Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Some people have actually made the change and there are some posts describing what they did. The problem is most of us have seats with air bags in them. You can put a resistor of the proper value between the wires and fool the computer into thinking the air bags are OK. But, of course, then you don't have the protection of those air bags, the others should still work. But in my case, even though I think it would be nice to have better seats, I'm not going to give up the extra protection.