1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Changing the HU in my new Prius

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by mga345, Aug 28, 2009.

1. mga345

mga345 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Hello,

My name is Moshe and I am from Israel.
    I made a trade in for my first Prius (model 2008) with the new 2010 Prius (GEN III) that came to my country just few weeks ago.

I want to change my HU to a double din dvd of one of these: Pioneer, Kenwood or Alpine (Their top models).
    I need to find a dash kit that will fit the place in my Prius. Unfortunately, I can't get such frame in Israel but I am ready to buy it in another place, if there is.
    If there is no such dash kit, please help me to find something else.

My great thank to everyone that can help.

Moshe

2. rrolff

rrolff Prius Surgeon

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    If you find one outside the US, let us know. Look here for the closest we have to a 2 2.5" Din install......

http://priuschat.com/forums/gen-iii...hanged-out-head-unit-their-2010-prius-ii.html

One of the real disadvantages to owning a new model/year, is it seems very little stuff is available for the darn thing.... If you find it in Asia/Europe, drop us a line... Keep in mind, in Europe, there is a 2009+ which is really the 2010 (Gen III).

Good luck hunting...

I'm still working on Mud Flaps, a 2" receiver/hitch (for Bike rack/light towing), and a roof rack (for surf boards, skis etc)

Most US MFG are saying we are 2-3 months out from getting a proper insert.......:(