1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Charging any time

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by Carlsbad Prime, Jan 12, 2024.

Tags:
  1. Carlsbad Prime

Carlsbad Prime New Member

Vehicle:
    2024 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XSE
    I want my Prius Prime to charge whenever it is plugged in to a working charger. I see the "charge now" button on the screen under Charging Schedule, but it's grayed out and I can't choose it. How do I set the car to charge any time?

2. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    If it's greyed out, that means you don't have a charge schedule active so it should start charging immediately whenever you plug in.

3. PriusCamper

PriusCamper Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    While I don't know how to use the charge scheduler for Gen5 Prius, If I had a plug in car I'd want to charge it as often as possible too...

And while the system is specifically designed to protect the batteries from over charging, it's not a perfect system and the owner who charges based on how much driving they have scheduled that day will likely have a longer battery lifespan than the person who wants it to be charged up to 100% as often as possible.

Back in the day I saw wealthy Tesla Model S owners that lost significant battery capacity from trying to charge too often and deciding to buy a new Model S because it wouldn't charge up as much as it use to.