1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

charging/discharging on my evpeak cq3 and error message flashing CAPA

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Technical Discussion' started by nickster78, May 27, 2022.

1. nickster78

nickster78 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    hello...I am recharging my existing hybrid battery cells with a brand new evpeak cq3 charger, and there is a message on the screen after one cycle complete flashing CAPA? It will not do the other 2 cycles...just the one it goes through.... The manual has no error message of this type, and the jap support is not responding! lol
    I did the settings on the charger just like the guy I found on utube said to set them to. It is charging the cells which I have checked voltages which now have gone up on the cells.
    Thanks for any reply
    Nick

2. alftoy

alftoy Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    maybe google cq3 error capa

3. DPrius123

DPrius123 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    LE
    CAPA means you have reached the charging capacity mAh. The mAh charging capacity can be adjusted in the user settings.

4. Hotrod325

Hotrod325 New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Hello, I just bought the CQ3 charger as well. Would you mind sharing the settings you found to be best? Mine was new, but didn’t come with a manual and I can’t find anything online. I’ve been told that a grid charger is needed to to balance the whole pack. But I wanted to at least service each module. ✌
    I’ve been told, and an icharger is good because it gives efficiency readings. Also, the Maxxvolts grid charger seems to be better than prolong.

5. TMR-JWAP

TMR-JWAP Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Search for CQ3 under my user name. pretty sure I have a post or two with setting details that work well for me.

Hotrod325 likes this.