1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Charging questions

Discussion in 'Gen 1 Prius Plug-in 2012-2015' started by kenp11, Jan 18, 2014.

1. kenp11

kenp11 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    If i charge the vehicle and disconnect after 1 hour of charging i notice the MPG can go as high as 115 MPG after driving 3 miles. Does the MPG calculation show incorrect at half charge or does normally show 99.5 running EV?

Also with voice commands if you play 1 song from USB it appears to repeat the one song unless you select list. Is this normal?

2. drash

drash Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    You mean after you turn the car off? Usually it show 999 if its just on EV when turned off. A charged battery, whether half to full, usually assists the ICE rather aggressively for the first mile or more if you use the power button.

Not sure how it views USB but I haven't tried voice commands yet for my iPhone and I almost always plug it in.

3. evfinder

evfinder Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    If I run all EV my PIP always shows 999 mpg for the trip, it doesn't matter if I charge for 1 hour or 3 hours. This only changes if I hit the gas too hard and turn on the ICE.

I usually keep my display on trip A to show my tank mileage and on that the mpg will change slightly depending on how far I have gone on the tank. Right now I am at about 300 miles with a little over half a tank so a 3 mile all electric trip doesn't change the mpg much at all. I think I am showing around 70 mpg if I remember correctly.

4. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    i find that no matter how much or little i charge, the mpg doesn't take into account ev miles and charge used.

on the usb, the voice command doesn't bring up the list unless you hit the button.

drash likes this.