1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Charlie Rose interview w/NY Times columnist on environmental and oil issues

Discussion in 'Environmental Discussion' started by cwerdna, May 24, 2006.

1. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=36...%3ACharlie_Rose

I watched it thanks to TiVo and not the above link. I don't know much about his past columns (and viewpoitns) but brings up some good (if not obvious) points regarding oil usage and environment.

Unfortunately, the video might go away soon from Google. According to http://www.charlierose.com/ "Google Video now features select Charlie Rose interviews that you can purchase for $.99
    Video of purchased programs can even be viewed on the iPod or PlayStation Portable.
    Yesterday's show is streamed for free."

2. tochatihu

tochatihu Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    (from Wiki)

"On March 29, 2006, after experiencing shortness of breath in Syria, Charlie Rose was flown to Paris and underwent surgery for mitral valve repair in the Georges-Pompidou European Hospital. The surgery was performed under the supervision of Dr. Alain Carpentier, a pioneer of the mitral valve repair procedure. As of May 15, 2006, Charlie Rose is recovering from the surgery at his home in the US and will return to hosting the Charlie Rose show upon complete recuperation."

Wishing the man well. He seems to be quite a sensible person, involved in the insane business of "media".

3. Begreen

Begreen Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(tochatihu @ May 24 2006, 08:43 AM) [snapback]260340[/snapback]</div>
    Agreed. He's one of the best.

4. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    FYI. It looks like all Charlie Rose eps on Google video are now free. The original link I posted still works.