1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Cheap fix for front end squeak

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by subarutoo, Aug 17, 2006.

1. subarutoo

subarutoo New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I was changing oil last night, and have been annoyed by a "squeak" in the left front suspension for the past couple of months. I sprayed some silicone spray along the front coil spring seats at the top and bottom of the springs, both sides. I just don't have time to deal with warranty issues, and dealers. The spray fixed the squeak. If it's bugging you, give it a try. There is something similar around the rear hatch area, maybe I'll attack it next :) .

2. mssmith95

mssmith95 Michael

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(subarutoo @ Aug 17 2006, 12:52 PM) [snapback]304830[/snapback]</div>
    Hey, a while back I posted on this and got no replies. I have a squeak when I go over things like the lane markers or potholes. It does not happen on speedbumps. It is in the front left for sure...but it sounds like "air" being pushed out of a cylinder...but could be the spring as well. Will try your fix.