1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Cheap t-shirts?

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by perryma, Jul 24, 2008.

1. perryma

perryma New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Hey Prions, I have to come up with some team t-shirts for my Alzheimer's Association Memory Walk team. I have no idea where to get them. I am hoping someone out there has done this before. I am a team captain and am pretty clueless. Our local places in town are waay too expensive. I am needing red and they could be blank and we could iron on our team name etc. I would prefer to be able to order them ready to go but I'll take what I can get. Let me know if you have heard of a good place to order from . If anyone has any interest in this walk/fund raiser you can check it out at the following link which is my page and has a link to our team page
    http://www.thememoryjoggers.com

(how do you like that team name?)

2. doubleg2005

doubleg2005 Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    so are you wanting to create your own design and then have it mailed to you? or are you wanting to just buy blank shirts and do an iron-on?

i know a guy here that has a t-shirt biz and could probably cut you a good deal, but idk how much shipping would be...

3. RobH

RobH Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Take a look at the small ads in the back of a running magazine. Try to find local running events, and talk to the organizers. Maybe you could get a few extra unprinted ones as part of someone else's order.

4. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Have you checked with all of the local sports places that do silk-screening? They may have some red left over from an order that are unprinted.

If not...I suggest you go with white and do red design/lettering. That you can do yourself with computer transfer paper.

5. perryma

perryma New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Unfortunately the shirts have to be red-long story. I never thought about not being able to do white lettering on the computer.

6. perryma

perryma New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Honestly I don't know. If I can iron on white letters I will do that. If not I guess I will have to have that done too.

7. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    You can get iron on letters at some fabric, craft or hobby stores. You'll have to buy a lot to have all the letters for four shirts.

Too bad about the red. You might get lucky to find four at Walmart or someplace like that. A solid color. But not necessarily real cheap.

You should call some of the silk screeners to see about extras.

If worse comes to worse....you buy four shirts, a few bottles of RIT die and you die them. Please have your wife do it so you don't catch heck for ruining her washer.

8. doubleg2005

doubleg2005 Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    if you decide to go with the DIY t-shirts, i would suggest checking Academy, Wal-Mart, and americanapparel.com

9. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    If you dye them, put a lot of salt in the final wash, hot dry and after your race, discard the shirts. You do NOT want them washed with anything else in case the dye bleeds. (The salt is to set it, but not as fast as commercial sets.)