1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Check Engine Light came on! Can someone explain these codes to me?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by MeganV, Jul 10, 2015.

1. MeganV

MeganV New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Alright, so I was driving along and everything was fine, I had no error lights and the car was running perfectly. I accidentally went over a lip of this parking lot a little too fast and all of a sudden the check engine light came on!!! I took it to Jiffy Lube and the codes I got were : c1253, c1311, p0011, and p0012. Can someone please help explain these to me. Is my car safe to drive tomarrow? Are these super expensive to fix? Could they have been set off from the curb? Thanks to all who can help me :)

Its a 2007 prius btw

2. Patrick Wong

Patrick Wong DIY Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    DTC P0011 and P0012 both relate to the variable intake camshaft timing.
    DTC C1253 and C1311 relate to the skid control ECU (braking system).

What warning lights are on besides the check engine light? If any lights relating to the skid control ECU remain on (such as ABS, VSC, ((!)), and BRAKE), then the car's braking system is impaired.

Do you notice any problems with engine performance?

I think you should first clear the DTC and see if they return. Since the skid control ECU logged DTC, do a search for how to clear the codes by using a jumper on pins 4 and 13 of the OBD-II connector.

3. MeganV

MeganV New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Nothing seems to have changed in regards to preformance. It still runs (from what I can hear and see) just as it has.