1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Check engine light came on

Discussion in 'Prius c Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Snowball, Feb 3, 2014.

1. Snowball

Snowball Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Just tried to leave for work and my check engine light came on. Luckily I just got a scangauge and the error codes are P0441 and P0445. I checked online and for regular Prius is says it could be the fuel system, fuel cap, etc. I'm scared to drive it now and wonder if I should call Toyota Care to tow my car to service.

Leslie

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    it's usually a loose fuel cap. tighten it up and your good to go.(y) the warning light should reset on your next fill up.

3. Snowball

Snowball Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Thanks. I just tightened it and cleared the code, drove around the parking lot a bit to see if it would come back on and parked. Will go back and check if the light goes back on before I leave for home.

4. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    this happened to my wife. the system needs to be sealed for emissions reasons, that's why it reminds you about the cap.

5. ztanos

ztanos All-around Geek!

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    441 is traditionally a fuel cap not being screwed on tight enough, or a bad seal on the cap itself. It shouldn't hurt your car to drive it to the dealership. But I wouldn't go months without fixing the problem.

6. ewaboy

ewaboy Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    When I bought my C - the salesman ran me through some stuff before I drove off. Start up, switches and gauges, seats, spare and jack and all that stuff that's in the manual - which he knew many of us don't read.

Even showed me the sliding arm rest.:)

He pulled the gas cap and put it back on and said: "Turn till you hear the click - only clicks once - not like the other gas caps that keep clicking."

YMMV

OT: Servco began sales of the C in mid-February 2012 - almost month before Toyota began sales on the mainland. The cars began arriving in late January or very early February but sales only began after the sales personnel had been thoroughly briefed on the new model and all the C's features.

Salesman basically said: "We had to go to 'class' to learn about the new model before we could start selling." Better than some other sales people who don't know much about the cars they're selling.

7. adamace1

adamace1 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    That sounds like a great salesman, you should post his name so others can see him if they are looking in the area for a Toyota. I never had a good salesman in my life, they all lie and know less than me about the car I'm looking at.