1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Check engine light issues

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by sidb55, Aug 6, 2011.

1. sidb55

sidb55 New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Hello,

Yesterday at a toyota dealership got my car serviced (oil change) and then also had the 27 point inspection and the recall for the water pump change. After driving 15 miles, the red triangle came on, the check engine light came on and the yellow indicator also came on. Any indicators to what might have happened? Appreciate a quick response.

Thanks.

2. Patrick Wong

Patrick Wong DIY Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    It would help if you identified which "yellow indicator" came on, as there are several amber-colored warning lights. Also, if you noticed any driveability issues please identify them.

The check engine light indicates that the engine ECU logged a DTC. There are a very large number of possible reasons for that.

Since you just had the engine oil changed, I suggest that you check the engine oil level on the dipstick after the car has been IG-OFF for five minutes or more, and report your findings.

I also suggest that you make the Prius READY after checking the engine oil level, to see whether you can detect fluid turbulence in the inverter coolant reservoir. This would show you that the newly installed inverter coolant pump is working properly.

3. seilerts

seilerts Battery Curmudgeon

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    +1 on the inverter cooling pump. Take it back to the dealer.

4. dogfriend

dogfriend Human - Animal Hybrid

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    My guess is that they did not refill the system properly when they replaced the inverter cooling pump.