1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Check Engine Light

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by MC3, Apr 25, 2020.

1. MC3

MC3 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Hi all -- newbie here. Have a 2015 Prius with abt 25K mi. Car is currently housed in the LA area where my son goes to school. Recently had the 6mo maintenance check in Jan 2020 with no issue (bought an extended maintenance agreement abt 1 yr ago). Car has been completely idle for a month due to SIP. Son went to start, check engine light came on, so he ran it around the block a few times -- check engine light still on.

Our regular dealer is here in the SF Bay Area -- had him take car to nearest dealer in LA -- dealer wants $145 "to check the car" -- suggestions??

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    welcome!
    start with the gas cap, make sure it's tight.

takes a few drives for the light to go off.

might be worth testing the 12v for free at an auto parts store.

3. MC3

MC3 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Thanks!

4. JC91006

JC91006 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Strangely my 2010 also had a check engine light that popped up. I checked for codes and it showed p0101, which is the MAF sensor error. I called my dealer to ask if the emissions warranty covers this repair and they said "Yes, only if it's an internal problem not caused by any external issues. We'll first have to check it for $155 and determine if it'll be covered".

Since my car is fully stock, I am confident it'll be covered under the emissions warranty. However my appointment was made for this coming Monday, and luck would have it, my check engine light went out today.

RMB and Raytheeagle like this.