1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Check hybird system still on after rebuild my battery

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by raymondlawhk219, Mar 7, 2019.

1. raymondlawhk219

raymondlawhk219 New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    2009 Prius
    Before repair
    there are several codes show up :
    P0A80
    P0300
    P0302
    P0304
    C1391
    ABS VSC and TRC

after replace a ABS pump and replace 2 cells in the HV battery
    P0A80 still light up
    garage help me to cancel the error code
    once he cancel the error code , the HV battery is able to recharge normally and can be fully charged.
    he shows me the V and some data(i do not know what the data means) of the "rebuilt" battery and said the battery is alright.
    However after 2 days , P0A80 still light up , and then he help me cancel the code. and repeat these step for 3 times.
    they concludes that before i repair the car , i still drove it for almost 1 month even the warming lights are show up , the computer of the car saves these data(in that period of time almost 1 month) as my driving habit , that is why even thought they rebuilt the battery , and the light still show up. (because they show me the battery can be fully charged and the data about the battery is alright .)
    but the light still show up after they cancel the code for about 2 days .

They said i have to create a new data for the computer to save as my NEW driving habit by Cancelling the code once it lights up.

i do not know if they are telling the truth, is anybody face to this situation before ?

Thanks

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    welcome!

i'm no expert, but it sounds like the shop that rebuilt the battery is slim slamming you

3. Mark's 06 Prius

Mark's 06 Prius Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    I read a post that the 12v battery in hatch could also make the red triangle, also on the Hv battery make sure there is no corrosion on buss bars just watched a youtube video on that problem.

Alexander Segura likes this.