1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

"Check Hybrid System" and "Check PCS System" warning

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by Kyle Vermaes, Sep 13, 2015.

1. Kyle Vermaes

Kyle Vermaes Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I just bought a used 2012 Toyota Prius iTech from a country town 3 hours away. About an hour into the drive home, the display informed me to "Check Hybrid System" and then "Check PCS System". The car continued to function for a little while, then eventually lost acceleration, so I pulled over. I turned it off and on again; the warning light remained but the car started and continued to work, but soon after I lost acceleration again. This happened one more time.

Then I Googled the problem and discovered that you could "turn it off and on again three times to reset the computer". I did this and the problem disappeared and did not resurface for the remainder of the trip, and has not happened again since.

Is this an issue I should be concerned about or need to get checked out, or if it is something that just happens from time to time? Thanks for your help.

2. ericbecky

ericbecky Hybrid Battery Hero

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I would be concerned.... very concerned.

I would get it looked at by an independent hybrid mechanic or the dealer.

RachaelH likes this.