1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Check hybrid system fault

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by dday76, Oct 10, 2019.

1. dday76

dday76 New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    2013 Prius 4-door hybrid, not a plugin. Not sure other details beyond that.

Hybrid System Fault... I've seen a lot of in-depth fault identification and troubleshooting here. I'm not sure that's something I'll be able to do. Not sure I even know how to get a system fault... Seems like special equipment required.

I am on a trip and noticed some trouble shifting or engine struggling while on the drive, nothing too obvious though. Then when trying to restart the check hybrid system popped up on the dash, and the engine is more obviously struggling.

Any advice on what to do at the dealer for them to check? I plan to take it in, but I am at least hoping to ask the right questions to get good service.

Any quick checks or ways to verify warranty coverage for something like this? Thanks for your help.

2. tankyuong

tankyuong Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    II
    They will charge you to scan the codes and go from there, sounds like battery or investor issue

3. dday76

dday76 New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    crisis averted - $350 fix to reattach some vacuum hoses

bisco likes this.
  4. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in