1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Check Hybrid System

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Technical Discussion' started by johnjeric, Jul 13, 2020.

1. johnjeric

johnjeric Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Hi friends,

I am getting the "Check Hybrid System" light and I don't know what to do. I had my tires services and car maintenance serviced all within the past 10 days and then a few days later, this light comes on. I am thinking maybe something was accidentally touched during car tire repair, or during oil change/vehicle inspection. Also, I just had the hybrid battery replaced by Greenbeanbattery 3 months ago.

The car starts and is able to drive. I actually was able to drive it home 50 miles when the light first came on. When looking at the battery/engine/transmission guage bar while driving, everything looks like it is working fine.

My local toyota dealership and my scanner said that there are no codes to read. I think that this message just needs to be reset, and if it comes back on, then there may be an actual problem. It would cost $200 to get a diagnosis from my local Toyota. Greenbeanbattery will not do anything unless I can provide them with the error code.

Does anyone have any thoughts or insights? I'd greatly appreciate it! Thank you.

2. ASRDogman

ASRDogman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    This is the chance you take when you get a used battery, from green bean. They us used batteries....
    Check the voltage of the 12v battery. A low battery will give you all kinds of warning lights.
    If it is more than 5 or 6 years old, replace it.

#2 ASRDogman, Jul 13, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2020
  3. SFO

SFO Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Which OBD2 scanner, OBD2 wifi/bluetooth adapter, or OBD2 App might you be using?

Many prefer a 'mini-vci' cable and techstream (dealer tech level software) on a windows device (or Oracle VM VirtualBox )