1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Check Hybrid System

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by PriusGuy81, Jan 12, 2022.

1. PriusGuy81

PriusGuy81 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Does anyone know if the Dr. Prius app will clear a check hybrid system error? Before I invest in an obd2 scanner or connector, I’m doing some research. It’s happened twice to me so far. The first time I was able to clear it by disconnecting the orange thing in the trunk and white cable under the hood that has something to do with the 12 volt battery. This time it didn’t work however.

2. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    It might, but the bigger point is that clearing the code isn't what you want to be doing.

Do you happen to know what trouble code you are getting, before you clear it? If not, that's job 1.

Then once you know what the code is (or what the codes are), decisions can be made about next steps, including on whether or not it's advisable to to clear it and keep driving for a while before it's fixed.

PriusGuy81 likes this.
  3. mr_guy_mann

mr_guy_mann Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Dr Prius can clear codes in the hybrid control ecu. However, if the warning came back immediately after reconnecting the 12V battery, that would suggest that the fault was still present. You might have to find and fix the problem before the warning stays off. One of the first steps would be to read the codes.

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

PriusGuy81 and Mendel Leisk like this.
  4. PriusGuy81

PriusGuy81 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Thank you both for the reply. The OBD2 app I used gave me a P3190 trouble code, poor engine power. When I looked it up, it seems the cause could be a number of things. I hope it’s nothing too serious or expensive.

5. johnHRP

johnHRP Active Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    Check your Vent for the battery fan first. A clogged Vent also can give CEL.