1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Checking for Locked Door on 3/4

Discussion in 'Prius c Main Forum' started by dbv8787, Apr 15, 2012.

1. dbv8787

dbv8787 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    I never used a keyless door before, so my question is how can you check that the door is locked after it locks. Normally, after locking the car, I might lift up the door handle to confirm it's locked, but with keyless entry when I touch the handle it unlocks automatically. Am I missing something?

2. moezer2112

moezer2112 Futurist

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    parking lights should flash once on a lock operation.

if you touch the ribbed portion at the front of the door handle, hear the locks actuate, and see one flash of the parking lights, you should be able to trust it worked.

if you want to test it to gain trust, do the lock operation with the door handle. walk away and set your smart key well away from the car. go back and check the doors are locked.

1 person likes this.
  3. SquallLHeart

SquallLHeart The Techie Guy

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    hear single beep and/or visually see flashing lights after touching the door handle locking area...

you're locking the car by touching that area... and you'll hear the car respond.
    other than peeking into the car to look at the locks are locked... well.. you're just going to have to get used to it.

4. krneidigh

krneidigh Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Just look through the window. From the drivers side you can see the passengers side handle. If it's red unlocked, if black you're fine. I've had the same thing happen to me.