1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Chemical Guys Butter Wet Wax

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by Ryan730, Apr 20, 2012.

1. Ryan730

Ryan730 New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Has anyone tried this wax? I heard it's easily applied and removed and has a great wet look, however it does keep for longer than two weeks? I've just ordered, before I knew it only lasted two weeks. However, what I do like about it is that it can be applied in direct sunlight, the car can be wet or dry, and it won't hurt getting on plastics or glass.

Let me know if anyone has used before.

2. GSW

GSW PRIUS POWER

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I haven't tried it, but it Sounds like the Turtle Wax ICE polish I use on my car. Great stuff and after 3 years its kept my VentureShield from yellowing. Really seems to attract the pollen when its dry though.

3. Paradox

Paradox Prius Enthusiast / Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    I was looking at it on their website but with applications of Zaino just a few times each year and Chemical Guys Hybrid V7 after and inbetween each washing I don't see a use for using this as it still has to be applied and then buffed off.

What I use from Chemical Guys is:

Glossworkz Shampoo

Hybrid V7

And from Zaino:

Z5 Pro

Z2 Pro

Z-AIO for when I want to remove oxidation after summer and after winter.

I also Clay but I just use what I have, either Griots Garage, chemical guys, zaino etc.

4. SquallLHeart

SquallLHeart The Techie Guy

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Always been a fan of Chemical Guys.. as well as SmartWax... they make some pretty good stuff.

5. Paradox

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    I tried Chemical Guys Diablo Gel wheel and rim cleaner on my last order as well. (Actually it is the bottle I chose to be thrown in for free). It works but I'm not super impressed with it. It is thick as hell in the bottle and must be diluted. I diluted it according to their ratio and it just doesn't foam up and cling like I thought it would.

Next time I have to make an order from them when I'm out of supplies I'll try one of their other wheel and rim cleaners.

6. d2mini

d2mini Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    If you want something easy to apply and lasts for months, try the Ultima line of car products.
    Ideally you'll want to use their elastrofoam paint cleaner (like clay bar but better), their Paint Prep Plus, and their Paint Guard Plus. Then their detail spray for between washings, and their car wash soap. Don't be thrown by the price... this stuff literally lasts forever. I can't tell you how many cars and treatments I've applied with my original purchase, especially the Paint Guard Plus. And it's "apply and walk away". No removal. Try it. You won't be disappointed.

7. Paradox

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Zaino Z-CS is also apply and walk away, the haze disappears on its own with no firther buffing. If is only a sealant so you have to have paint prepped properly but it lasts and lasts especially if maintained in-between/after washings with something like The Chemical Guys Hybrid V7.

Z-CS Clear Seal: Zaino Store

8. d2mini

d2mini Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    I remember Zaino! Used to use that back in the late 90's when it first became popular.

Forgot to mention above, I use a random orbital to apply the Paint Prep Plus, and it removes easily with a quick wipe using a microfiber towel. Using the RO machine is much quicker/easier than applying by hand.

9. The Critic

The Critic Resident Critic

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Collinite 845 is likely to be just as easy to apply (if done properly) and will last months.