1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Cheney should go

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by dragonfly, Jan 26, 2007.

1. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

Nobody likes the guy, not even the Republicans anymore. Why is he still in office? The Reps could do a lot to save their own reputation if they put somebody else in that position. They desperately need a bump in credibility. Getting rid of Rummy was a good first step. They need to follow through to the next one.

2. Beryl Octet

Beryl Octet New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
  3. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Cheney is the only obstacle between Bush and impeachment. That's why the Repubs won't dump him. Besides, impeachment is a bad precedent, because if the truth came out, they'd all have to be impeached, jailed, and forced to write a million times on the blackboard, "I promise to be a good boy."

4. huskers

huskers Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    If Cheney left office then the decider would not be able to decide!!! :D

5. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(huskers @ Jan, 05:16 PM) [snapback]381447[/snapback]</div>
    Isn't that better than what we're getting? :unsure:

6. huskers

huskers Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Dragonfly @ Jan 26 2007, 08:23 PM) [snapback]381453[/snapback]</div>
    Good point !!! :D

7. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Every night, well not every night but pretty often, I pray for an aneurism, coronary or stroke. If Cheney were out of the picture they could impeach Bush quite quickly before a new VP was selected.

We could do a lot worse than President Pelosi. And it would sure burn Hillary Clinton's cookies not to be the first woman President.

8. daniel

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Godiva @ Jan 26 2007, 09:13 PM) [snapback]381530[/snapback]</div>
    They wouldn't. They didn't impeach Reagan. Remember that even though these guys fight like cats and dogs, they're all members of the same club. Bush falsified evidence and lied to Congress, but they all do that sort of thing every day. Bush has brought the country to the verge of bankruptcy, but there's nothing illegal in that. And the Dems could have prevented it with a fillibuster, but they didn't. Bush is a moron, but that was evident when he was sort-of elected. The elections were fraudulent, but so many U.S. elections are fraudulent that if that became a justification for impeachment, half of them would be impeached as well.

Face facts: Regardless of what happens to Cheney, Bush is in the White House for another two years unless something happens to him, and then Cheney is in. You'd need to have something happen to both of them at once, and Cheney is too smart to ever come within ten miles of Bush.

Impeachment is a fantasy. You might as well wish to have ten million dollars fall into your lap so you could move to Tahiti and forget about U.S. politics.

9. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Cheney has been a pain in the arse since the 70s when the begining of this world domination plan started (may have been earlier but I have not dug any further). I don't usually believe in good vs evil but in his case......

10. fshagan

fshagan Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Godiva @ Jan 26 2007, 09:13 PM) [snapback]381530[/snapback]</div>
    Well, the VP would be appointed, and would probably be someone like Atty Gen. Alberto Gonzales or, if the party had any influence on the President, one of the Republican front runners. McCain, for instance, would get through very quickly since he's from the same "club" as the people confirming the nomination.

BTW - not sure what church you actually fit into now with your prayer for personal harm to someone! I doubt even the Universalists will take you (although their version of Christian love might not extend to Cheney), so you might want to talk to the FSM folks. Although Cheney looks like a pasta eater to me, so they may not like prayers to the FSM for harm to a fellow pasta lover. Maybe Pat Robertson will take you.

11. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(fshagan @ Jan, 12:04 PM) [snapback]381730[/snapback]</div>
    His criminal actions are deserving of far worse. He rightly should be tortured in the Biblical tradition of an eye-for-an-eye. Godiva let him off easy.

12. daniel

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(fshagan @ Jan 27 2007, 12:04 PM) [snapback]381730[/snapback]</div>
    Doesn't Paul (in Acts of the Apostles) pray for the death of a fellow Christian for failing to hand over all his wealth to the church? Seems like killing and praying for people's death is a Christian tradition from then right up until the present. Praying for military victory is universal throughout religious history, at least in all the major monotheistic religions and the Greek and Roman pagan ones as well.

13. PA

PA Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius
    Model:
    LE
    Cheney is Bush's life insurance policy. Have you noticed no-one's tried to bump off Bush? :)

14. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(fshagan @ Jan 27 2007, 02:04 PM) [snapback]381730[/snapback]</div>
    Any friendly church that teaches from the Bible will do. I always enjoy the parts about smoting enemies, killing giants, stoning prostitues, feeding people to lions, presenting decapitated heads on silver platters, killing siblings, eradicating entire societies, suicide by hanging, and nailing heretics to cross-beams. Good times!

15. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(daniel @ Jan 27 2007, 10:00 AM) [snapback]381629[/snapback]</div>
    Paul Wolfowitz is one of the club that I'm worried about. They were able to tuck him off in the World Bank to infest in a new direction.

16. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bigdaddy @ Jan 27 2007, 04:49 PM) [snapback]381790[/snapback]</div>
    It was him and Cheney that started all this crap way back when. He definately should be watched.

17. fshagan

fshagan Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Dragonfly @ Jan 27 2007, 12:07 PM) [snapback]381731[/snapback]</div>
    "Eye for an eye" is not a sanction for torture!

But I like the guy, and wish him long life and good health.

18. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(fshagan @ Jan 27 2007, 03:04 PM) [snapback]381730[/snapback]</div>
    I'm just asking Jesus to call him home. He's had a long life and I'm sure is on borrowed time already. I'm sure that last thread is fraying already. Just making a suggestion.

It's not like I'm asking for torture.

19. fshagan

fshagan Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Godiva @ Jan 27 2007, 06:32 PM) [snapback]381814[/snapback]</div>
    Aneurisms, coronaries and strokes are not benign. Given a choice between 'water boarding' and a stroke, I'll take water boarding.

I have never wished death or disability on any American political official. But, it is where the left is in this country, with an irrational hatred and fear of their political opponents. The hypocrisy of condemning folks like Pat Robertson or Ann Coulter for their transgressions is pretty stunning.

The hate speech won't play well in middle America and with the rest of the electorate, so I'm sure the Democrat party and Senator Clinton will be trying to get you guys to shut up long enough to win the executive branch back. Can you say "President Romney"?

20. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    So, my request for consideration of calling home to Jesus is the equivalent of this?

Liberals should eat s**t and die

Wow, I must be the liberal version of ANN COULTER.

"When contemplating college liberals, you really regret once again that [American Taliban supporter] John Walker [Lindh] is not getting the death penalty. We need to execute people like John Walker in order to physically intimidate liberals, by making them realize that they can be killed too. Otherwise they will turn out to be outright traitors."

" (Coulter herself sees no need for the qualifier; she told the Sunday Times of London that "I am a polemicist. I am perfectly frank about that") and writing that "Coulter can occasionally be coarse."

"Occasionally" coarse? A "little bit" of a polemicist? This about a "commentator" who claimed that the Democratic Party "supports killing, lying, adultery, thievery, envy"; who said of the idea that the American military were targeting journalists, "Would that it were so!"; who said President Clinton "was a very good rapist"; who insisted that "[l]iberals love America like O.J. loved Nicole"; who said that "I think a baseball bat is the most effective way these days" to talk to liberals; who said it was lucky for former senator Max Cleland's political career that he lost an arm and two legs in Vietnam; who has said her "only regret with Timothy McVeigh is he did not go to the New York Times Building"; and who wrote that the only real question about Bill Clinton was "whether to impeach or assassinate."

What, exactly, would it take for Time to declare that someone is "frequently" coarse? "

At least I didn't wish Cheney blown up, beaten with a baseball bat or assassinated.

I think I'll sleep soundly tonight.