1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Chevrolet Volt Gets VLE & Other News

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by Volty, Jun 28, 2007.

1. Volty

Volty New Member

There is more at the Chevrolet Volt Forum that I wrote up.

http://www.chevyvoltforum.com/index.php?showtopic=104

2. JimN

JimN Let the games begin!

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    So the guy who invented a folding seat is in charge of designing a whole car and another executive is named to add to the overhead. We need a "yawn" smiley.

3. ruaqt

ruaqt Junior Member

It appears GM has delegated hundreds of engineers into this new product line. Nice to know they have focused some attention on project completion. I would like to buy a car like the Volt, GM or not GM.

4. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    The question I have is.....do any of them have any previous experience on something similar like....say.....the EV1?

5. Stev0

Stev0 Honorary Hong Kong Cavalier

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    These daily status reports are most amusing. I should collect them so ten years down the road I can write a book called "Vaporware: Remember When GM Said They Were Going To Build a Car Called the Volt?"

6. Bill Merchant

Bill Merchant absit invidia

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Why do all of Volty's posts seem to consist of a tease and then direct you to his web site? Does he get paid by GM for every visitor?

A snoozer -_- indeed!

7. Topgas

Topgas New Member

I quote George, "bring it on".

8. Marlin

Marlin New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Bill Merchant @ Jun 29 2007, 01:10 AM) [snapback]469861[/snapback]</div>
    I imagine one goal is to increase the Google score of his forum. Google raises the score of pages containing keywords that are linked to by other pages containing those keywords.

9. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Bill and Marlin have hit it on the head.

Volty,
    Please provide a link to the information posted on your forum. A link, that is, which is not directly pointed at your forum.

10. Earthling

Earthling New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TonyPSchaefer @ Jun 29 2007, 08:41 AM) [snapback]469942[/snapback]</div>
    I noticed that, too. Statement of fact is more believable when there is a link to the source of the information.

Harry

11. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    Premium
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Stev0 @ Jun 29 2007, 12:19 AM) [snapback]469840[/snapback]</div>
    He gave no response a few days ago, when my post requested feedback as to what his connection to GM is, if any. Kind of like a reverse troll ... in a weird way. Not trolling for a response to his posts, but trolling for folks to go to his web site. Are there so few GM fanatics left that he believes he can generate a greater pool to go to his web site via PC?

12. nerfer

nerfer A young senior member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(hill @ Jun 29 2007, 09:27 AM) [snapback]470008[/snapback]</div>
    Guys, take it easy. It's not "his" website, he's apparently not even a moderator. I agree with Tony, he should have a link to the original information source so it can be verified. But why attack GM (and its supporters) for trying to make a move in the right direction? I agree, we've been burned in the past, but Toyota pulled their EV RAV4 as well, it was just less publicized (and they allowed some of them to be bought directly by consumers, so they're still in the driving pool).