1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Chevy Volt TV Commercial

Discussion in 'Chevrolet Volt' started by efusco, Oct 24, 2008.

1. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Has anyone else seen the new Chevy Volt TV commercial where they show the final version of the Volt? I have, of course, seen all the photos that GM has released on the 'net and for publication up to now and thought how plain and 'Camry-like' it looks compared to the concept version.

What I had NOT appreciated until this TV commercial (saw it during the World Series last night) was just how PRIUS-like it looks. They had a low angle shot from the passenger side front corner and the lines are amazingly similar to the Prius from the slight outward buldge at the mid-point of the doors to the arch-like roof line. Other than the very front end and very rear end this thing looks almost exactly like a the 2G prius.

I don't think anyone is going to confuse them or anything, but you have to wonder if its part aerodynamics driven and part psychology...people know the Prius and it's unique lines...perhaps they'll sense that same thing in the Volt.