1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Chevy Volt Unique Opportunity

Discussion in 'Other Cars' started by efusco, Feb 19, 2008.

1. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I'll probably be banned from GM-volt.com for this, but I got this e-mail from them (for subscribers). As much as I'd like to take advantage I can't justify a trip to NYC just to see the volt and rub elbows with the GM folks.
    Dear Chevy Volt Enthusiast:
    You're invited!
    GM-Volt.com has served for over a year to bring you information about the car that will change the world, the Chevy Volt. Now we have the chance to take it to the next level.
    GM has agreed to host an event in association with GM-Volt.com we are calling the VOLT NATION town hall meeting.
    You are invited to attend this ground-breaking conference on Wednesday, March 19th at 4:30 PM in New York City at the Jacob Javitz convention center.
    The first 250 people to register will get guaranteed free entry including a press pass, since the event will be taking place on the last press day (prior to opening to the public) of the New York Auto Show.
    We will all have a chance to meet and check out the Volt. More importantly, the entire GM executive team responsible for building and designing the car will be there to answer your questions for all to hear.
    Don't miss this unprecedented opportunity!
    To register, you can go to this location and enter you name, address, email, and phone number:
    GM-VOLT : Chevy Volt Concept Site » Blog Archive » You’re Invited!: VOLT NATION Town Hall Meeting
    OR, if you would like, you can simply email that information to [email protected]. Your information will be taken to issue you the pass, and will be secure with me and GM.
    See you in New York!
    Lyle

2. nerfer

nerfer A young senior member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    So the people who didn't actually work on the guts of the car get the perks and the public credit. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure they do some important pencil pushing and make sure all the proper steps are done, but I'd like to see the actual engineers get credit sometimes too.

But I see this as a positive sign that they're keeping this in the public eye, not quietly pushing aside any talk of the Volt until the production models are ready, and hoping most people will forget by then. So I think they are serious about producing the Volt. The sales price, the actual mpg, and the practicality of it are all still big questions, however.

3. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    That is, meet and check out the shell of the 2-mph car that GM presently says the Volt will look like, even though it failed the wind tunnel tests. It has none of the actual insides of the Volt, and they're going to have to change the entire body design. So in what way is this thing a Volt???

4. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    Premium
    We got one too. Kinda freiky weird they'd put on a show in NY ... rather than the land of a jillion cars, CA. Wouldn't you think that's where they have more prospective customers?

5. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    They're not after customers. They're after press coverage. :violin:(I just realized that if you click on More in the smiles box, there are gobs of weird ones.)

6. FL_Prius_Driver

FL_Prius_Driver Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    I
    You must go. You actually have the Volt to be displayed!