1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Chicago Area options for buying

Discussion in 'Dealers & Pricing' started by philwojo, Apr 4, 2006.

1. philwojo

philwojo Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Hello, I live in the Chicagoland area and have been looking for a Prius for at least the last month. I have been doing in person and internet price shopping, and the local dealers are not coming off MSRP at all, and some places are quoting a 3-6 month wait for the car.

I was out on a business trip up in Detriot this past week and was coming home on I-94 and saw a sign in Michigan and the idea popped in to my head to call them. When I got home it was late so I did an internet request for the dealer and they got back to me the next day. They are coming off almost $2,000 from MSRP.

Well I have my order in now and I am just waiting to hear back on a delivery date, but I am so glad I got stuck with that business trip, it saved me a ton of money.

After I get confirmation on the delivery of the car I want I will post the city I got it from, but in the mean time maybe it will help someone in the Chicago area find a better deal and quicker.

Hope this helps someone out.

Phil

2. kickingtv

kickingtv New Member

Why is this a secret? It won't help anyone find a better deal unless they know of another resource?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(philwojo @ Apr 4 2006, 02:50 PM) [snapback]234861[/snapback]</div>

3. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Phil,
    I'm glad you were able to find the car you wanted and even at below MSRP. Great bit of discovery there.

Make sure both of you get in contact with BLNFanMatt about the Chicagoland Group. I know he's working to organize a meetup or two for the summer as well as some alternative fuel fairs and expos.

and - above all else - WELCOME TO PRIUSCHAT!! :D

4. philwojo

philwojo Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(kickingtv @ Apr 5 2006, 12:15 PM) [snapback]235337[/snapback]</div>

kickingtv, I am only worried because he does not have it secured yet, and I don't want to have any more compitetion for the same car while my guy is trying to get it transfered to him. Once he has it transfered then I won't worry, but why screw myself by having others try and get the same cars.

I know I'm probably paranoid, but such is life!! :)

TonyPSchaefer, I will make sure to contact BLNFanMatt about the Chicagoland group once I get my car, I have already checked out that area, and thanks for the Welcome.

Phil

5. Screwdriver

Screwdriver New Member

Phil,

I have two recommendations for you:

(I live downtown on State and Rush). In all my searching, I have found 2 dealers who will work hard to get you your price:

1> T. J. from Grossinger Toyota NORTH. What a refreshing person this guy is!! Polite and as honest as they come, he will take care of you. I haven't made a dealer choice yet, but it's a pleasure working with him. He'll probably get you the car sooner too!

2> Ashok from Schaumburg Toyota. This guy gives T.J. a hard time earning my business. But he is a tough guy to beat.

Give them a call and tell them Aviv Screwvalla sent you. They will know instantly that you are looking for a good price. Good Luck!

6. kenoarto

kenoarto Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    II
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(philwojo @ Apr 4 2006, 02:50 PM) [snapback]234861[/snapback]</div>

I'm very interested in your final price incuding all fees and taxes etc.

7. philwojo

philwojo Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(kenoarto @ Apr 5 2006, 06:45 PM) [snapback]235556[/snapback]</div>

My out the door price from the dealer is going to be about $28,200, but I will have to pay about 1.5% in taxes and then do plate transer and registration fee's of $80 (for the last two) when I get it back in state, so it will be slightly higher.

That is also assuming no trade in or down payment which there will be so taxes will go down.

His fee's were $170 Doc fee and $10 for a out of state plate to get back to IL (intransit plate).

This is for package #7.

Screwdriver, I have tried several dealers in the area, including Schaumburg and they could not match the price I had a firm quote on.

Phil

8. philwojo

philwojo Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Well I finally got my car last night, so here are the details for everyone in the area that is interested.

Ended up with a Driftwood Pearl with the leather Bisque interior, option package #8.

I got it from http://www.signatureautomotivegroup.com/ and I dealt with Randy Klann. Tell him that Phil Wojo sent you.

I can't say he can give you the same deal I got, but they are willing to work and they seem very willing to come off of the sticker.

Randy's direct number is 1-800-848-1023 ext. 123

Now they are in Benton Harbor, MI.

For those of you in the Chicago area to give you an idea of how far (or close) this is I live near Downers Grove and it was 110 miles from my house to the dealer. The dealer is aprox. 35 miles North of Michigan City, IN on I-94. It was well worth the drive for me, for the cost savings, and although it is a small dealership, they were great to work with, and Randy did everything he could for me to get the car that I wanted.

They had to do a dealer trade for my car, my first choice was the Barcelone Red, but he couldn't get that at this time for me from another dealer, this was my 2nd option. From the time I put down my deposit with him it took 4 weeks for me to take delivery on my car.

If you have any questions feel free to post or PM me and I will be glad to answer them. Again, let Randy Klann know you heard about him from me so he knows to treat you as good as he did myself. I let him know I would be pushing his name around since he did such a great job for me.

Phil

9. gtn12130

gtn12130 New Member

Just out of curiousity...what was the final price on your car? I am always interested to see where I stand in the market.

10. philwojo

philwojo Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I don't have it in front of me but the out the door price with all the dealer fee's and taxes was like $29,700 or something close to that. Now I still have to do my plates and my extra taxes in Illinois, but that would happen no matter where I bought it.

phil

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(gtn12130 @ Apr 25 2006, 02:38 PM) [snapback]245000[/snapback]</div>