1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Chicago Tribune: Top 10 most extravagant car options

Discussion in 'Other Cars' started by cwerdna, Nov 14, 2013.

1. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Top 10 most extravagant car options - chicagotribune.com

Some of these options are pretty extravagant, but I'd imagine there are numerous others not on this list. I've seen numerous high end luxury cars w/the "auto-closing" doors but didn't realize the option that's pricey.

2. -1-

-1- Don

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    :)I'm willing to pay for common sense options that come standard on the 2012-2013 Prius Plug In Advance. All I needed to do was add wheels and a few other low cost MODS and my Prius is customized to my taste. Agree or disagree, that's me.

I agree, the "Ten Most" list is extravagant. Nice, neat to have, but most have very little resell value and only drive up the new purchase price of the car. I had a 2005 MB SLK 55 (hardtop convertible). It had the factory "AirScarf" option. The feature blows warm air on the back of your neck. Coupled with heated seats, it allow more top down driving in cooler temperatures. Great concept and "highly desirable" must have on a used SLK, but I found it marginally effective. Automatic opening doors on SUVs and mini vans is another popular option that I think are worth the cost.