1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Chicagoland Meetup 6-14-09

Discussion in 'Local Prius Club Main Forum' started by FireEngineer, May 23, 2009.

1. FireEngineer

FireEngineer Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I know many of you have been in ChicagoPriusGroup withdrawal. Wait no longer!! Our next meeting is Sunday June 14th starting, at around 11AM. We will meet at Grossinger Toyota North located at 7225 N. Cicero Ave. (Skokie Blvd.) Lincolnwood, IL. Map of 7225 N Cicero Ave Lincolnwood, IL by MapQuest

Our topic will be the new 2010 Prius. There will be at least 2 new Prius for you to explore. Also, some recent lucky new owners may bring their Prius for us to gawk over. And if the stars align, you can possibly take a test drive.

Bring a lawn or folding chair for our presentation of the new features and technical highlights of this next generation. As always, we will also offer clinics for those wanting to maximize your MPG. All hybrid owners and those interested are invited to attend, you don't have to have a Prius to get in the door. And we will offer some great door prizes as well. Plan to be there.

Wayne

2. rrobin1057

rrobin1057 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Hi THERE I HAVE HAD MY 2008 TOYOTA PRIUS PACKAGE #2 AND IS LOVEING IT I GOT IT IN 08/2008 AND ALREADY HAVE ABOUT 15,000 MILES ON IT, IT'S SEASIDE PEARL BLUE , I DID SOME STUFF TO MAKE IT ONE OF MY OWN / I PUT ON WEATHER TECH VENT SHADES , LIMO 5% DARK TINT , SHARK FIN ANTENNA , AND LATER ON MAYBE SOME SUMMER RIMS AND TIRES , BUT WILL SOON PUT ON BACK BUMPER PLATE FROM PAINT BE SCRAPED OFF BACK BUMPER FROM IN AND OUT OF HATCH AREA , THEN MAYBE UPGRADE THE SPEAKER'S , / FYI CARSMART HAS BEEN HELPING ME MAKE MY PRIUS LOOK GOOD AND THEY REALLY DO KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DOING , SO IF YOU WANT THEIR WEB SIGHT OR # JUST LET ME KNOW , ? DO YOU HAVE TO PAY TO BE IN A PRIUS CLUB IN THE STATE OF IL , I'M ALSO ON THE PRIUSCHAT.COM UNDER rrobin1057 .

3. FireEngineer

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Hope you can make it to the meet on the 14th Robin, we'd all love to see your Prius with all your upgrades.

There are no fees and dues to join the Chicago Prius Group, just show up.

Wayne

4. bestmapman

bestmapman 04, 07 ,08, 09, 10, 16, 21 Prime

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    I will try to make it. Not sure of my schedule yet.

5. a priori

a priori Canonus Curiosus

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Arghh! I can't make it. Maybe if you go late enough (until 1 or 2, that is), then I might be able to get over there.

I'd love to show off the Prius V (w/ ATP), though I know I'd have to keep the keys safely hidden away!!

I really wanted to go so I could get the first EBH installed on a Production Model Sold in the U.S.

6. FireEngineer

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I'm sure most everyone will be there still by 2. And I'm sure we can get your car on a lift for a EBH install.

Wayne

7. a priori

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    That's practically an invitation!

I'll do all I can to be there!

8. exbauer

exbauer Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I will definitely try to make it out there. If everything works out, I should have my V ATP there.

9. FireEngineer

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Just a little bump to remind everyone of the 14th. And it's been confirmed that a cookout lunch will be provided.

Wayne

1 person likes this.
  10. patsparks

patsparks An Aussie perspective

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Oh no, Wayne, I'd love to come but unfortunately I'm working that weekend. Damn!
    If it was this weekend I could have come to it, I have 7 days off this weekend. :)

11. alam99

alam99 Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Glad I stumbled across this thread. Will love to stop by if I can.

BTW, the Chicago Prius Group web page at: Chicago Prius Group under "Events" still has outdated meeting information.

Again, thanks!

12. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Yeah, someone should do something about that.

Oh crap! That's me!! :eek:

13. eglmainz

eglmainz New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I plan on showing up with my 2010 V in Blizzard. I may be talked into demo rides/test drives by folks with whom I have been PMing... I will likely be there for 1, but show up a little early.

I would love to see one of these on the lift.

14. btaylor

btaylor Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Wayne,

At what time do you think you will be doing the presentation on the Gen III?

The meetup sounds great. I am in the market for a 2010 Model V, and it will be great to hear from some of you who already have some miles on the 2010's.

Bob

15. FireEngineer

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    The presentation will start around 11 or just after. Please do stop by, there will be at least one Prius III and one Prius IV w/sunroof. Some others will be bringing their Prius V's just after lunch.

Wayne

1 person likes this.
  16. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
  17. a priori

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Tony -

I'll be there, too! I don't expect to make it until 1pm -- just in time to get that 2010 Prius V up on the lift for a little visit from the EBH doctor!

Well . . . in any event, I hope to be there to meet up with folks and see just how many 2010s we can get together in one place!

18. btaylor

btaylor Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Thanks to Wayne, Tony, the staff at Grossinger Toyota and everyone else who made today's Meetup possible. I had to leave at 1:15, so I missed seeing the underside of the 2010's on the service rack, but I really enjoyed the first two hours of the gathering.

FYI, I have access to a brighter (I think) projector than what you were using today against the showroom wall. If I am able to attend the next Chicago Meetup I will be happy to offer to bring the brighter projector.

I was particularly interested to see the mileage charts that you got from the Prius chief engineer about the effect of 17" wheels on 2010 Prius mpg results. I wonder whether narrower aspect 17" tires can be safely fit to the 17" Prius Model V wheels (and lower the resistance and the mileage hit)?

19. Matt Herring

Matt Herring New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I got my EBH in the mail last week...when are you coming to Boston, MA Wayne!!!!!!! :D

20. KFERN

KFERN New Member

Thank you to all who showed up on Sunday.

From Kevin and Mark
    Grossinger Toyota