1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Child safety seats

Discussion in 'Prius c Main Forum' started by wifemomhockeyfan, Mar 21, 2012.

1. wifemomhockeyfan

wifemomhockeyfan Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    N/A
    I wanted to bring up how easy it is to get carseats in and out of the Prius c. You can't say that about most larger cars. I have been really impressed.

1 person likes this.
  2. PlutoISaPlanet

PlutoISaPlanet New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    II
    really? because I'm having the opposite experience. There's a big round metal bar over the hooks for the child seat restraints that make them frustratingly difficult to hook in & out.

1 person likes this.
  3. formula

formula Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    yes, that is pain in nice person. lol

I just did it today. take me like 20 mins to do that. it take like 1 min for my civic. lol

the hook is way below the BIG metal bar and it is hard to put the hook under the seat.

4. wifemomhockeyfan

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    N/A
    I have been using the anchor in the back, behind the seat. You have to have the back open to access it but, it is really easy to latch on and off.

5. PlutoISaPlanet

PlutoISaPlanet New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    II
    yeah, I use that too, but the point of those hooks is that all three are supposed to be used in lieu of the seatbelt. I find myself just using the seat belt b/c the lower hooks are so difficult to access.

6. wifemomhockeyfan

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    N/A
    Our carseat only has the top anchor. When we had her infant seat, we used the bottom two anchors in our van. I remember those being horribly difficult to use too. I think it is just the nature of the anchors.

7. CPSDarren

CPSDarren CPS Technician

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Most carseats without the lower attachment system are nearly 10 years old or more and beyond the manufacturer's expiration date. It could be that yours are tucked away in a storage compartment in the carseat somewhere.

Like Pluto said- in addition to the top tether/anchor, you definitely want to use either the seatbelt or lower anchors for installation of any carseat with a 5-point harness system. Some combination boosters allow you to attach only the top tether, but you must still have the child use the seatbelt like an adult would, of course.