1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Chirping Prius v (lowercase v for the Prius v wagon, not an uppercase)

Discussion in 'Prius v Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by shawnph1970, Jan 4, 2015.

1. shawnph1970

shawnph1970 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    My 2013 Prius v (lowercaes v for the Prius v wagon, not an uppercase v) has right at 4100 miles on it. In the past few months, I had to get the entire odometer/instrument panel swapped out when it developed crazing lines, hazy circles. After fighting with a couple of dealers and them blaming me for the defects in this failed part, the original dealer finally replaced it. Now I'm hearing a chirping/squeaking sound whenever accelerating that seems to be coming from this same area. The back seat/door on the drivers side also rattles, but that's a separate problem.

This is the most squeaky, rattly car I've ever owned. And that includes a 1966 Mustang, which wasn't the best car ever made. I'm pretty disappointed in Toyota's "quality" which appears sub-standard compared to the Chevy and Ford's I've owned. But that to the side, does anyone have a clue what this squeak is? It sounds exactly (and I mean exactly) like this:

2. JC91006

JC91006 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Bring it back to the dealer to get it addressed under warranty.....or you'll end up doing it all yourself.