1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Christmas is here for my Prius!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by kkister1492, Dec 20, 2005.

1. kkister1492

kkister1492 New Member

My Prius got it's recall update yesterday and new Goodyear Comfortred Assurance tires today. It might be just my imagination, but she seems to be standing taller and prouder :p

The first thing I noticed after picking her up from the dealer is that the ICE seems to shut off much more quickly than it use to. When I pulled in yesterday, there was another '05 Salsa there for it's first oil change and the update. I was comparing the wear pattern on the tires to mine. Mine were seriously worn! The owner indicated that she has had it since Oct. of '04 and only drives about 10 miles a day - hence, her 5,000 mile service that day. She complained that her gas mileage had dropped recently. I hope that it improves for her after her service.

Anyway, it was another nice surprise - getting to visit with my car's separated-at-birth twin sister.

So....what did you get your car for Christmas?

2. inventor00

inventor00 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I just ordered a third brakelight decal that says OCPRIUS.COM
    (custombrakelights on ebay).

Maybe Danny should consider this for PriusChat.com???

Cathy
    Orange County Prius Club

3. seasidetraveler

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Congrats on the Assurance tires, that's what I replaced my factory ones with... At first it appeared that they didn't handle well (in the mtns) but after they were broken in, they handle beautifully, and so far are wearing well.

My mom has reached 3000 miles on her Prius, and I am on her case to rotate those factory tires, she won't- her husband is a mechanic and a "know it all" when it comes to cars, so I am sure he will tell her that she doesn't need to rotate them... then they will be sorry when they have to get new tires soon.

OC - clever idea... I love Newport Beach- it's beautiful down there!! My prius loves taking the little Balboa Island Ferry hehehe