1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Christmas Tree Dash

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Filipe, Dec 4, 2020.

1. Filipe

Filipe New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hello guys, thanks for adding me in advance. I work with driving apps for now in California and recently arrived here and bought a 2008 Prius for that purpose. The car have 240k but with a 120k engine exchanged. So one day before yesterday the car wouldn't start suddenly. Lost a day of job because of it and mechanic found out it was a 12v battery terminal corroded and a not working fuse. He charged me $354 for that and I couldn't do anything because i needed the car to work. Next day working suddenly all the lights came on, red triangle of death as well. Tried to go to autozone to read any codes but that scanner they borrow you sucks huge balls. When i turn off the car and turn it on again just have the engine light and triangle of death and after sometime i will have the VSC and tire pressure as well. After some research i found out that the water pump is not working as well seeing that there's "no waves" on the coolant reservoir close to the inverter. Now i would like to know if there's any place i could do the reading for free or a mechanic that wouldn't scalp my skin off just to scan my prius. I ordered through amazon an bluetooth odb2 to run with Torque Pro. Well, having all that storie told.

1) Could this obd2 scanner read all the problem codes i have on my prius besides the hybrid battery voltages?

2) There's any other way to scan my car without paying loads of money?

3) Is it safe to drive the car like this as it is still in working conditions?

4) Even if i change the water pump myself there's any thing that could also it to not work? (so i wouldn't waste time and money for nothing)

Attached Files:

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    torque will read most of your codes. you'll need a subscription to the service manual for troubleshooting unless it is straight forward.
    the inverter coolant pump is important. it may or may not solve all of your problems.

there is a group of good people in your area who share tech stream.

we cannot tell you if it is safe to drive.

you should understand that a 12 year old prius with 240k has seen better years, and will need constant repair to some extent.
    that being said, if you're willing to keep up, it can do half a mil.