1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Christov from Southern Middle Tennessee

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by Christov Tenn, Feb 22, 2020.

1. Christov Tenn

Christov Tenn Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    my name is Chris and I live in a municipality I only half-jokingly refer to as Stepford, Tennessee. I've already made several posts but have not introduced myself here.

In December 2019, I bought a grandmotherly green 2008 Prius (basic model without nav, bluetooth, etc., with about 203,000 miles on the odometer. I paid $2995 out the door from a very small North Georgia used car lot. It replaces a 2004 Volvo XC70 we've had for the past 11 years. Clean title, good Carfax. I'm the fourth owner of this car and I bought it as a kind of cheap, throwaway, economical vehicle for 60 mile round trip workday use. I've replace wiper blades, tires, got an oil change (Mobil 1), had a leak repaired (under left roof panel trim strip). Car's getting about 40 mpg overall. I had a BluLogic unit installed to comply with Tennessee's hands-free telephony law.

I thought I'd hate the car.

Turns out, I love almost everything about the Prius. Except the inaccurate (hopefully) fuel gauge. My wife loved the car but wanted a later model with improved safety features. We got her an early 2016 Prius 3 with ATP from a LARGE Toyota dealer at Huntsville, Alabama. That's been an expensive cautionary tale in buyer beware. Hopefully that car's multiple issues will have been sorted by mid-March. On the other hand, the '16 handles a lot like my old '97 Volvo 850 sedan with manual transmission. Handles great and is fun to drive.

Regarding personal stuff, I enjoy reading (currently reading through the novels that comprise the Star Wars expanded universe - way better than the movies), target shooting with various firearms, bicycling, flatwater kayaking.

Thanks to you all for providing this wealth of information.

bisco and Raytheeagle like this.
  2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    congrats and welcome! all the best (y)