1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Chrome Valve stem covers ok on the 2006?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by windstrings, Feb 10, 2006.

1. windstrings

windstrings Certified Prius Breeder

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    The 2006 has the transmitters that report air pressure to the computer. Does anyone know if the Chrome valve stem covers will affect the transmitters since they are metal?

2. Vincent

Vincent Don't Wait Until Tomorrow

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Mine have been on since day one. My 35/33 psi is holding; I've had no TPMS messages and no flat tires. I guess is't's working; maybe I should let some air out of a tire to test when/if the TPMS warning comes on?

3. windstrings

windstrings Certified Prius Breeder

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV

Good... I guess I'll get some too..... btw.. I run mine at 42 in front and 41psi in rear. I have had not warning messages or alerts. Its been running in the high 30's to low 50's here.

In fact when I got both of mine from the dealer... they were up to 40F and 38Rear.. but I raised them more.
    I've wondered if I would get an alert after along time on the highway and tires heating up.... I guess if that happens, I'll worry about it then.

4. priusham

priusham New Member

Michigan - land of everlasting snowflake icon!
    Transmitters?!?!?! Seriously?

What's the frequency, Kenneth? (I've always wanted to say that famous Dan Rather line.)

Every low-tire-presure system I'm faintly familiar with uses the rotation counter of the ABS computer system.

Wheel spins greater than the calibration point = low tire presure.

Any Prius genius care to enlighten me?

5. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    http://priuschat.com/official-TPMS-info-fr...nice person-t15228.html