1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Chrysler CEO: Guess we'll build more hybrids after all

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by Tideland Prius, Oct 23, 2011.

1. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Chrysler CEO: Guess we'll build more hybrids after all

2. JimboPalmer

JimboPalmer Tsar of all the Rushers

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
  3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    wow jimbo, you're good! i clicked on this thread just to ask that exact question, thanks! i'm sure their future hybrids will be just as well engineered as the aspen.:eek:

4. cproaudio

cproaudio Speedlock Overrider

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I'm glad they're changing their thinking. I mean c'mon, this is 2011. Just about every manufacturer is coming out with some sort of fuel sipper. Chrysler, get with the program already.

5. dustoff003

dustoff003 Blizzard Brigade #003

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    I tried like hell to have my brother and his family to consider a Prius or other Advanced Technology Alternatively Powered vehicle when he was recently searching for a new vehicle. He ended up buying a 2012 Dodge Durango with a 5.7 liter Hemi V8 to go along with his Ram truck also with a Hemi V8. Oh well...

6. Roadburner440

Roadburner440 Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    You cannot save them all.. We just had 2 guys that work for me buy brand new full size pickup trucks because gas prices "dropped" 20 cents... I gave up trying to convince others. Eventually like me they will wind up having that revalation and coming around on their own.

7. Skoorbmax

Skoorbmax Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Obviously a Prius was totally incompatible with his needs/desires, though. It's on thing to get a person into one instead of an Accord, but he was clearly not even in the same ballpark!

This article says only Chrysler hybrid in the works is a 300, but what about the hydraulic hybrid they were working on? Chrysler’s Publicly-Funded Hydraulic Hybrid | The Truth About Cars

8. dustoff003

dustoff003 Blizzard Brigade #003

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    A Prius may not have worked thats why I said "Prius or other Advanced Technology Alternatively Powered vehicle". A Highlander or Highlander Hybrid would have stacked up relatively even with the Durango.

9. Rybold

Rybold globally warmed member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    It's certainly going to be interesting to see what they come out with. Really interesting. Consider their offering of vehicles right now.

On a side note, crude oil was back up to $91.46 per barrel today. Add about 4% onto the pump price you're paying right now. For me, that goes from $3.89 per gallon to $4.04 per gallon.