1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Cigarette lighter adapter

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by GEN3PRI8, Feb 13, 2024.

1. GEN3PRI8

GEN3PRI8 New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hello All,

if i buy a cigarette lighter adapter for my prius and connected to my phone via blue tooth will the audio sound come out from the cars speakers, i wasnt sure if the cigarette lighter adapter slot can output the audio sound via the car speakers before i purchase one. for those who have one and know please share some.

thanks

2. rjparker

rjparker Tu Humilde Sirviente

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    The 12v power receptacle by itself won't connect to the radio's audio input by hardwire or bluetooth. However any radio/mfd from a 2013 Prius should have a bluetooth receiver built in. Yours may be broken which does happen. Sharing the radio model number in the bottom right corner (like 57011) would confirm since your UK system may be different.

On US models with built in navigation, there is an auxiliary box bolted on the bottom of the main mfd body. It provides nav and enhanced bluetooth. When it fails bluetooth fails as well. Sometimes simply disconnecting the auxiliary box will enable another bluetooth receiver in the main unit.

#2 rjparker, Feb 13, 2024
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2024
    GEN3PRI8 likes this.