1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Cigarette lighter?? Aux adapter and iPod?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by StarBrite310, Jan 30, 2006.

1. StarBrite310

StarBrite310 ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    First of all I don't smoke but just out of curiosity, where is the cigarette lighter? I was looking for it for 30 minutes and very puzzed as to where it is. I came to the conclusion that it just doesn't have one since the car is eco friendly.

Then I have a question regarding the AUX adapter and the iPod. What exactly do I need to get for my iPod so I can plug it in and it will play? I have had it up to my ears with that iTrip and would like to be able to listen to the iPod the correct way in my car. Please help. Thanks :)

2. windstrings

windstrings Certified Prius Breeder

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I assume when you plug in, it simply connects to the system.

The manual shows the pictures, but one is in the center console against the inside wall closest to the front.
    Another is towards the bottom center right of the dash underneath the nav or mfd screen, close towards the floorboard... it has a rubber stopper in it you have to pull out to use..... there may be more, I haven't even looked for more.

3. tripp

tripp Which it's a 'ybrid, ain't it?

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Look in the center console. There's a cig lighter in there. There's also one down low on the passenger side (at least in the '05).

Can't help with the AUX input. I wish I had one. I have to use a bloody FM adapter with my iPod. :angry:

4. windstrings

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV

Wow tripp, we double posted.... you always trippin me out! :lol:

5. StarBrite310

StarBrite310 ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    I must be crazy because I looked and saw the places you mentioned and there was no cigarette lighter where I can push it to start heating up and then take it out. The thing in the center next to the Aux adapter was a round hole. It doesn't even matter because I don't smoke but I am wondering if mine even has one now!!!

Also for the iPod the plug it comes with won't go in the Aux adapter. I think I need to buy a separate cord right?

6. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Both the locations pointed out are where the power jacks are and you've definitely got them. No, a cigarette lighter doesn't come standard w/the car. I've got my radar detector plugged in one and my iCarPlay FM transmitter & charger plugged into the other [I use it only for charging]. It's in the manual.

As for the aux in, it's a standard 3.5mm female headphone jack, the same as on the iPod itself. Just get a stereo male to male 3.5 mm cable from a place like Radio Shack or Fry's.

7. tripp

tripp Which it's a 'ybrid, ain't it?

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Ha ha. Too funny. :D

We've done that before if memory serves. OK time for sleep....

8. windstrings

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV

Yea.. thanks for reminding me.... 4 comes early