1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Circular preforation on front of car.

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by chacha, Nov 5, 2006.

1. chacha

chacha New Member

I have had my car for about 4 weeks but have not driven it much and it has been in the garage. Tonight I was looking over the car and noticed a circular pattern under the driver's side headlight and there is nothing on the other side of the car. Can someone tell me if this is a defect or is there a reason the car has this. Thanks.

2. Renocat

Renocat Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    It is for the tow hook :)

3. vinnysca

vinnysca New Member

I believe that's the cover for the TOWING bolt. You have a screw on eyebolt in the back of the car with the jack and stuff.

Vince.

4. qbee42

qbee42 My other car is a boat

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    It's in the manual, but honestly, the dealer should have shown you all of that when you picked up the car. Oh silly me; what dream world am I living in?

Tom

5. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(qbee42 @ Nov 5 2006, 05:06 PM) [snapback]344280[/snapback]</div>
    Yep, my dealer went over this w/me when I picked up the car.

It's interesting to see how poorly it seems some dealers are informing buyers about various things. It's either that or the owners weren't paying close attention.

Another example: someone else posted about the scenario of someone driving away w/o the smart key. Again, my dealer went over that w/me too.

6. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Tow Hook!

7. orionll

orionll Active Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    It is the towing eyelet as described in the Toyota Prius Manual.

8. Warwind

Warwind New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(qbee42 @ Nov 5 2006, 08:06 PM) [snapback]344280[/snapback]</div>
    When I picked up my car, my dealer was asking ME questions. :rolleyes:

9. darelldd

darelldd Prius is our Gas Guzzler

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I'd be happy to let the dealers off the hook for the tow hook location... if they'd also stop telling people that the B shift position was for "battery" or some such nonsense.

10. Charles Suitt

Charles Suitt Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    :rolleyes: My 2007 Touring is due any day.

The ACCURATE INFORMATION level of Prius salespeople [not wonderful] was again confirmed when we were looking at 2007's to observe the differences between Package 6 factory-installed leather and Package 5 port-installed leather. This "Internet Salesman" assured me that all leather was port-installed. I was nice... in assuring him that Package 6 was factory installed. After his puzzled response, he went and checked and discovered that I was right. This again confirms that many Prius owners do know more that the salespeople.

In their defense I would add that with so many Toyota models available, it must be quite a challenge to know the peculiarities of each and every one.

11. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Charles Suitt @ Nov 6 2006, 11:55 AM) [snapback]344624[/snapback]</div>
    It is, but I've got most of Toyota's models down except for the pickup range.

The thing is, once, a salesman wanted to prove me wrong and insisted that the Canadian spec 2002 Camry XLE did not have a power moonroof standard because in all previous years, Toyota included the moonroof with the leather in a package. I assured him it was standard but he refused to believe me. Keep in mind, he was holding the binder which contained the vehicle information. I just shrugged it off and just assumed he hasn't done his homework on the new arrival despite the fact he was holding the information booklet/binder.

12. livelychick

livelychick Missin' My Prius

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Warwind @ Nov 6 2006, 08:24 AM) [snapback]344427[/snapback]</div>
    Same here. Scary.

13. pinball

pinball New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Hopefully you'll never need it !!

14. derkraut

derkraut Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    II
    When I went to pick up my car, the salesman had trouble figuring out how to start it! Also, he told me that if I use the "B" setting on the shifter, I will really save on fuel. That's why I will NEVER go to my dealer for repairs, except as a last resort. I sometimes wonder how much training they receive when a new model comes out??? :(

15. Allannde

Allannde Just a Senior

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(derk @ Nov 6 2006, 02:17 PM) [snapback]344712[/snapback]</div>
    The sales people did their job. They got me the car I wanted and did so promptly.

I won't bore you with the rest of my story except to say I got a letter of apology from Corporate HQ. I did find out that that there is little connection between sales and service except that the people may be acquainted. I find the service manger and his people treat me quite differently (and better). They actually seem to know what they are talking about. Unless you know that the service is poor, you might benefit by giving them a chance.

16. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I agree that you cannot judge the competence of the service department based on the knowledge level of the salesman. Salesmen are hired based on their ability to sell, not on their understanding of the cars.

That's one of the things I liked about Honda: When I bought my 1989 Civic I was invited to a new-owner symposium, presented by the service department. Toyota would do well to immitate that, especially for a car as different as the Prius.

17. Tom_06

Tom_06 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(daniel @ Nov 6 2006, 08:27 PM) [snapback]344786[/snapback]</div>
    My dealership does that (Newark Toyotaworld). They break out the hybrid owners with a Prius tech.

- Tom