1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

CitiBank Credit Card-WEB issue

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by nicoss, Jan 11, 2007.

1. nicoss

nicoss New Member

Has anybody experienced this issue accessing their on-line account at Citi Bank?

As of yesterday trying to login using FireFox a new window pops up containing HTML & Java code !!!!

(Before that both FireFox & IE worked fine)

In addition the “new & improved†page does not show the security lock on the lower right corner of the browser.

2. Renocat

Renocat Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(nicos @ Jan 11 2007, 08:21 PM) [snapback]374476[/snapback]</div>
    I just logged into www.citicards.com and entered my username and password and got right to my account. I am using Firefox 1.5.09

3. nicoss

nicoss New Member

Now I'm going nuts.

Went to the Citi site 3 times and the 2nd time got the same HTML, JAVA stuf, the other two no problem.

(Also using FF 1.5.09 and the Bank support says that they do not support FF, only IE; go figure)

This is a screen capture of the rogue code (zipped for size)
    [attachmentid=6228]

Attached Files:

4. Trevor

Trevor Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I had the window of code popup also. I just figured that the survey window popup that appeared when I first launched the site was the culprit. Had no problem getting into the site though. The window of code actually popped up behind other windows so I didn't notice it until I was done.

5. nicoss

nicoss New Member

At least I'm not the only one;

Now my issue is that ANY other bank has the “startup” page as an httpS://..........
    (which was also the case with CITI before they launched the new & improved site)
    This, by definition, establishes an overall secure connection to the server, not so with the new http://.... format.

I have to admit that I’m a bit paranoid when it comes to security and I might be over alarmed by this.

The one reason for not cancelling the card is that Citi is the only bank offering Virtual account numbers for on-line shopping.

Edited:

Using this link, can bypass the non-secure startup URL:
    https://www.accountonline.com/Login?siteId=CB

6. qbee42

qbee42 My other car is a boat

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    This thread is four years old. This new post doesn't add value, but touching the thread makes it visible again. Please don't do this.

Tom

7. KK6PD

KK6PD _ . _ . / _ _ . _

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    This has been a practice Citibank alert, ignore the chubby man behind the curtains, and the 29.9% interest rate! :eek:

8. KK6PD

KK6PD _ . _ . / _ _ . _

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    and please don't squeeze the Charmin........

9. Stev0

Stev0 Honorary Hong Kong Cavalier

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Look at their other postings. It's a bot made to post in any thread that contains the word "Credit card" (or similar terms).