1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Classic Silver Metallic 2012 - Misty Gray vs Dark Gray Leather

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by motifone, Aug 6, 2012.

1. motifone

motifone Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hi All

I am new to the board, and interested in the 2012 Prius IV model with Softex. I like the Classic Silver Metallic exterior and trying to decide if I should go with the lighter Misty Gray or darker Gray Leather. Just curious to hear from others who may have bought one of the combos, especially if you are dealing with the 2012 version of Misty Gray and Dark Gray. Any particular reason you chose what you did? I'm in the So Cal marker, so wondering if Misty Gray in Softex is even offered here.

Thanks

2. stream

stream Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I have a 2010 Prius V, classic silver with dark gray interior. I prefer darker interior colors (looks more refined to my eye, and certainly will look new longer), and it's a great contrast to the light (silver) exterior.

3. Germwise

Germwise Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Five
    I am on the same boat, I like the contrast of the light silver with the dark interior. I would also remove the hub caps and tint the windows for more contrast on the exterior.

4. ChipL

ChipL Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    For me I disliked the misty grey interior for long term ownership....

farmermac likes this.
  5. motifone

motifone Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Helpful input. Looks like Misty Grey isn't offered much in So Cal anyway

6. stearicom

stearicom Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    I prefer the Misty Gray interior since there is more of a contrast than the monotone of the Dark Gray. But, Misty is hard to find in SoCal. So, I just settled on the Dark Gray for my Classic Silver. Either way you go you will be happy.

7. WE0H

WE0H Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Misty in fabric is two toned, but Misty in Softex is single light gray/silver color. Dark gray in Softex is two tone colored. It is light gray with a contrasting dark gray color. Go see both of them in person. They are very different than what people call Misty or Dark Gray in fabric. Can't compare the fabric interior colors with the Softex interior colors as they are very different. I had been driving Misty fabric rentals for a few years and thought that is what I wanted in my Four which has Softex. I actually ordered my Four in Misty Gray then actually seen the Misty Softex in person and said oh crap. Thankfully I was able to change my order to Dark Gray.

Mike

8. motifone

motifone Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Thanks all for the input. Picked up a 2012 Prius IV here in so cal today with the classic silver + dark grey interior for $30,525, includes deluxe solar roof package, carpet & cargo mats, cargo net, illuminated sills, door edge guards, and destination charge... almost $3k beneath MSRP and $300+ under invoice. Pretty good I think.