1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Classic Silver Package 4/Missouri-ARRIVED!!!!

Discussion in 'Order Tracking' started by eyeguy13, Apr 4, 2006.

1. eyeguy13

eyeguy13 Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Date Ordered: 4 April 06
    Dealer Ordered From (Incl. City/State): Town and Country, Sedalia, MO
    Timeframe given for delivery: 6 weeks
    Color: Classic Silver/dark grey interior
    Option Package: Package 4

No VIN yet. The dealer received the authorization today from Toyota. Can't wait. I had the opportunity to test drive a hail damaged Prius a few weeks ago and was very impressed with the car and the new technology that went into it. It was a 2005.

2. eyeguy13

eyeguy13 Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(eyeguy13 @ Apr 4 2006, 07:41 PM) [snapback]234988[/snapback]</div>
    UPDATE:

14 April 06- Dealer called me today and told me that my car is in the port in California awaiting ground transportation to Sedalia, MO. Should be another two weeks! Can't wait. Must make sure my Toyota Matrix trade-in stays hail damage free until then!

3. eyeguy13

eyeguy13 Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Update:

29 April 06

Called the dealer today to find out where my car is.

It is 'in freight' with a projected arrival date of 1-8 May. He said maybe on Monday. So, I should get it this week. I'll post when I do.

4. eyeguy13

eyeguy13 Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Finally!!!! Yea. Got the call this AM.

Went after work and picked up my car.

If anyone lives in the Kansas City area, you should contact Joe at Town and Country Motors in Sedalia, MO. He can usually get in a Prius in 4-6 weeks. Far better than the Toyota dealers in KC area. Their number is 1-800-826-5402. The transaction went well and they even got me a better interest rate with a local bank. Saved me $20 per month.

First impressions----WOW! My mind was swimming with all kinds of things so I'm sure I'll settle into the ride in the next few days (you know how it is when you spend a bucket load of money and somehow feel you got ripped off some how...even though you didn't). But...

Ride is MUCH better than my Toyota Matrix. Much. So much quieter and a softer ride. Kind of like my wife's Camry. And the illusion of speed is different. I felt like I was going slower than I really was. Ride quality was excellent...now I'm comparing to a Matrix.

Love the MFD! Way cool. Back-up camera very cool. I also drove through my neighborhood in stealth mode.

I'll post more in the next few days.

So, from start to finish, about one month for the car to arrive. Not bad.

5. eyeguy13

eyeguy13 Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    These are my first impressions about my car...copied from the post in the Main Forum area..

After hanging out on the forum for about a month and spending most of my time in FHOP (whew, that's a rough place!!! ), I've finally joined the rank and file membership of PriusChat with the arrival of my Prius yesterday. I used to enjoy reading all the first impressions, so here's mine: (comparing to my trade-in, which was a Toyota Matrix)

1. SKS unbelievably cool. You never have to take out the smartkey from your pocket. I actually felt low tech when I had to open my office door with a key. Can you believe that, a key! What is this world coming to.

2. Ride quality - fantastic, of course! Someone on this forum compared it to a mix between a Camry and a Corolla. Since the Matrix was built on a Corolla chassis, I would have to agree. The ride is very close to my wife's Camry. Quiet, smooth ride. The Matrix was harsh at times because of it's shape and center of gravity. Not the Prius. Handles very well. Been on the highway and country roads (no high wind yet) and the car tracked incredibly straight. Not sure if I'll get the BT stiffening plate. I think it rides excellent now.

3. Your speed is deceiving. Maybe because of the smooth ride, lack of noise, and shape of the windshield (much bigger view out the front), you think you are traveling slower than you are. Plus, you don't hear the engine that much.

4. CVT is smooth and I don't miss the engine rev sound with shifting gears. In fact, I thought I would miss shifting gears but I don't at all. Not at all! Not even a little.

5. Tons of interior space, little hidden cubby holes, the spot for sunglasses, the vanity mirrors that light up on the visors, my MP3 jack, the new car smell, of course, and not having your speedometer right behind the wheel.

6. Lastly, the cool factor. While I was waiting for the Prius, some of my 'not so environmentally friendly' friends (yes, as a liberal, I do have some of those - open minded, remember?) would make fun of me and tell me that the Prius "looked stupid". They looked at the car today, and ALL of them loved the car and are talking about getting a hybrid themselves. I took them all (not at the same time, must adhere to the 810 lb. weight limit ) for a ride, and they were mesmerized by the MFD and all the high tech stuff on this car.

We are all ambassadors for this car and are probably having an impact more than we know. We have all stepped up to the plate for various reasons and are making a bold statement.

To quote Kyle, from the South Park episode 'Smug Alert':

Hybrid cars are important, they may even save our planet someday

See you all on the forum! Good Night and Good Luck!