1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Classic WindowWash

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by bckeller, Oct 16, 2004.

1. bckeller

bckeller New Member

Hi gang,
    So my lil classic is a cool car, I love it. But the windshield washer streams suck. I try to aim them, but they don't move, as far as I can tell. On the driver side, one stream is aimed just above where the wipers bottom is, the middle stream is to my right, and the right stream is in the center of the windshield, none where the bugs are right in front of my eyes!

I was curious if anyone knew of something that makes those streams spray's instead? To cover more ground?

If not, then is there a good way to reposition those streams??

TIA
    BC
    Long Beach, CA
    2002 Prius
    50,000+ miles

2. Frank Hudon

Frank Hudon Senior Member

the washer jet's need to be cleaned. The best tool for doing this job is a small twist drill, obtainable from most tool supply houses. They come in a small assortment in a small case, also some hobby shops carry them as well. Were talking small here so don't break one off in the nozzle. Just push in and out a few times to break up the gunk in there then a quick flush with the wiper/washer switch and it should be as good as new. I don't recommend small wires as they are to easy to break off in the nozzle. If you have access to compressed air, take the hose of the nozzle and blow them out from the outside.

3. bckeller

bckeller New Member

what gauge are those lil holes?

Thanks,
    BC

4. Frank Hudon

Frank Hudon Senior Member

not sure on wire gauge as I don't have a gauge that reads under 20 here at home, but as a guess I'd say about .015" would probably be in the ball park. I have twist drills from .013" to 1" at work. I know a .015 will fit. I've never had much luck using wire as most of it isn't rolled round, it has flats and under magnification you'd think it was made with a hammer. All I've ever used since I started in the automotive trade 35 years ago was small twist drills.