1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Clazzio leather seat cover

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by cossie1600, Dec 10, 2009.

1. cossie1600

cossie1600 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I am about to take the plunge for them as I can no longer handle the suede type material on the stock seats. I just want to check to see what you think about them. It is $450 shipped, worth it?

2. cycledrum

cycledrum PSOCSOASP

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I've no input, but let us know how they are if you get them. It's tough getting covers shipped, 'cause I'll bet they are not returnable.

3. cycledrum

cycledrum PSOCSOASP

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Can you get seat heaters for those Clazzio leather covers? I just tried a leather seat cover last night, and it's quite cold for a while on cold days.

Just an idea, but you may want to use your local auto parts store just to try some different material seat covers. You can easily return the ones you don't like. When you find the material you like, then order custom fit ones. Or maybe you've already done that.

Last night I spent only $171 to get 3 covers - 1 in sheepskin, 1 leather, 1 neoprene. I love the sheepskin, and returned the 2 others a couple hours later.

Seat covers are a good idea on fabric. Much easier to replace a seat cover than to pull a seat out and refit an OEM seat fabric. Plus, fabric from Toyota is realllly expensive - about $400 for 1 seat bottom cover. Just so you know.

4. rstark18

rstark18 Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Love my Clazzio's. I've had them since August.

5. Boo

Boo Boola Boola Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Also, if you haven't done so already, check out all the threads with "Clazzio" in their title, including those for the Gen II Prius:

PriusChat Forums - Search Results

I don't have them, but they do seem like a worthwhile alternative to leather reupholstering from Katzkins or Roadwire which cost about $1000 installed.

6. garygid

garygid Senior Member - Blizzard Pearl

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Most front seat covers to not allow the Prius side airbags (built into
    the seat back) to function properly (rip out a seam to inflate), right?

7. Boo

Boo Boola Boola Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Most of the cheap seat covers that you get from auto stores do not allow for safe deployment of side seat airbags.

If you have seats with side airbags, then whenever you get seat covers, you have to make sure that they expressly say that they allow for safe deployment of the side airbag.

Seat covers that accommodate side airbags can do so by:

1. Break-away stitching on the side (e.g., OEM covers, Katzkins, Roadwire and, I think, the Clazzios)

2. Cut-out hole in the side (e.g., Wet Okoles)

3. Flap on the side that's secured by velcro (e.g., GT Covers, ExactSeatCovers, my sheepskin covers)

8. cossie1600

cossie1600 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    It's a 2nd gen, not a 3rd.

9. Boo

Boo Boola Boola Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    :confused:

Your avatar says that you have a Gen III/2010 and you put your thread in the Gen III/2010 forum.

All I was saying was to check out all the Clazzio threads (if you hadn't already done so), because I think they're useful whether you're talking about Clazzios for the Gen II or the Gen III.

10. cossie1600

cossie1600 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I meant your links are for 2nd gen. What fits on the old car doesn't mean it will work well on the new car. I want to see if anyone has it on a 3rd gen.

11. Boo

Boo Boola Boola Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    :confused:

Still don't get it. I had linked search results for thread titles with the word "Clazzio" in it and they showed a mix of Gen III and Gen II threads:

PriusChat Forums - Search Results

But when I go back to my original link it shows nothing now (weird).

In any event, I still think the Gen II threads are worth looking at, especially this one by omgitsroy326, because they have installation advice and other commentary that I think cross generational lines:

http://priuschat.com/forums/gen-ii-prius-main-forum/42420-clazzio-leather.html

12. rstark18

rstark18 Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    A few of us have them on the GIII. Do a search for Clazzio and narrow it to only the III forums.

13. todd1

todd1 New Member

Vehicle:
    2002 Prius
    Model:
    II
    looky here

Here is another option you might want to look at.
    CalTrend has a variety of seat covers to choose from and are also designed for those with side airbags.:eek:

hope this helps out and good luck.:welcome:

14. andino

andino Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I had a set of Clazzios in my last car and they were designed to work with the side airbags. I'll be looking into them again soon when I get the funds.

15. rrg

rrg Active Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
  16. Paul58

Paul58 Mileage Miser

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I am seriously considering the Clazzio Leather covers but I'm not sure about the colors. I had them send me some samples and it appears the Ivory may be the closest match to the Bisque interior. The Beige looked to dark.

Has anyone put the Clazzio Leather covers on their Bisque seats? What color did you get? How well does it match?

Anyone have pictures of the Ivory Covers in a Bisque interior?

17. Danman58

Danman58 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I just ordered 2 sets. Both PVC, Black on Black. one with red stitching for my red Prius, the other blue stitching for my blue Prius. Bean Garage had lowered the price to $470 for both. It takes 8-10 weeks to order custom, I will let everyone know what I think when I get them. Also does anyone have any install advice?

18. Danman58

Danman58 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    My covers come in the mail tomorrow, i'll let everyone know how the installs go, and how they look.

19. andino

andino Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I had clazzio's in my last car. Install was pretty easy and fit was great! Post pics after you get them on though!

20. Paul58

Paul58 Mileage Miser

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Dan,

What color did you get? Was it a custom order? How long did it take? Did you get an e-mail notification and tracking number when they left the factory?

I ordered a set in Ivory w/black stitching about 3 weeks ago, so I suspect I still have 5 - 7 weeks before they arrive, but was curious if you got any notification when they shipped, and what your turn around was if you did a custom order. Thanks, look forward to hearing about your install experience and seeing some pics!