1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Clazzio Seat Install- How to unbolt center seat belt?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by Thormag, Jun 3, 2008.

1. Thormag

Thormag New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I just installed the Clazzio leather seat covers in my 2008 Prius, but I was unable to unbolt the back seat center seat belt. Does anyone know what size tool I need for this? Also, I have seen that some people purchased the leather armrest covers from Prius hoods- how did you actually upholster them instead of using the velcro? Thanks!!!

2. problemchild

problemchild New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Its called a Torx. Its in the 2x mm range. Sears, harbor freight, some auto supply shops have them.

3. diversified

diversified Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Your seat cover kit should have come witha arm rest cover. Search the forum for Clazzio Leather and you will find a threard of about 5 pages of pictures and installation instructions.

4. Thormag

Thormag New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Thanks! My kit did not come with arm rest covers, only a center console cover. I purchased the right tool to un-do the center seat belt to fit through the cover but I am having alot of difficulty! I do not want to strip the bolt, but how hard was it for anyone who has done this? Thanks for any help!

5. omgitsroy326

omgitsroy326 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    it's pretty simple.. if you're stripping your bolts then you need to get better tools

6. Seamus

Seamus Grumpy old man

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    If what you are undoing is the torx bolt that holds the seat belt on I can advise that they are on very tightly and you need to apply lots of force to remove them. I took some off a Neon years ago and had to put a pipe on the ratchet to get enough leverage. The Lyle brand torx twisted out of shape and another brand snapped off. I seem to remember the Sears brand did work.

7. omgitsroy326

omgitsroy326 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    craftsman/snap on/ matco with a large lever arm will do it.. again if your tools isn't all that great.. then it may damage the bolt...

8. Thormag

Thormag New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Thanks everyone for your help. I purchased the sears craftsman wrench and am going to try tonight. I was able to unbolt the side battery cover on both sides of the back bench, but I believe I will need the double sided tape to get these to stay in place.

The seats do look good and I am looking forward to finishing the process!