1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Clazzio wait time?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by Dakine50, Aug 6, 2012.

1. Dakine50

Dakine50 Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Hi PC'ers,

For those that special ordered, how long did it take for you to receive your Clazzio seat covers?
    Since the orders are coming from Japan, I'm assuming people out on the east coast have alittle longer to wait? I'm from NorCal.

2. SoCalBPrius

SoCalBPrius Active Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    II
    All the authorized dealers state 8-10 weeks. I just ordered this weekend & received my solid gray Clazzio today:) . I wanted the custom colors & stitching but didn't want to wait that long:eek: plus I got a decent deal on em:D.

3. MikeHof

MikeHof New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Mine took 14 weeks earlier this year. Seemed like forever

4. SoCalBPrius

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Wow! I can hardly wait a week when I order something much less 3 1/2 month;). Was it worth the wait & what color did u get? Did yours have a strong chemical plastic/vinyl odor out of the box:confused:?

5. Dakine50

Dakine50 Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Thanks for the replies, my dealer is saying it may take 12-18 weeks even BEFORE shipping out of Japan.

All this because I wanted the light grey stitching to blend in with the misty grey headrest hardware with the black perforated leather center/black pvc outer. As we speak, I'm asking if my dealer can change my order to all black which I'm hoping is in stock. If not, it'll be a tough lesson learned..........

6. MikeHof

MikeHof New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I went with black outer, gray inner and black stitching. Wish I had gone with the gray stitch. My Prius is silver with the dark gray interior. Yes there was an odor but nothing overbearing. They were definitely worth the wait.

SoCalBPrius likes this.
  7. SoCalBPrius

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Thanx, I'll bet it (blck w/gray) looks great. I let the seats air out in my garage for almost 2 days & the odor seemed to have dissipated. Installed the 2 front seats. Looks & smells nice as I didn't think the leather scent was that apparent until I installed it in my car. The dark grey matches perfect w/ my interior:). Now, I just have to figure out how to take the back seats out:eek:.

8. r3dl4b3l

r3dl4b3l Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I'm still waiting on mine order on 5/25/12 from Sparks Toyota. They said it would take 10-14 weeks before shipping. I'm in Texas btw. I almost forgot about them until I came across this thread.

9. Dakine50

Dakine50 Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Update - My dealer was able to change my order to "all black" on Tuesday and I received the leather covers yesterday! Two thumbs up for the folks at TRD Sparks! I've ordered many parts and accessories from them and have never been let down! Great prices too!

10. Dakine50

Dakine50 Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Hey SoCal, check out YT has some videos on how to remove the rear seat. Sorry, can't remember the link...something like Prius Clazzio rear seat removal?? Not sure.....

11. SoCalBPrius

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Thanx, I got it done couple days ago when I went to a friend(a mechanic) who literally showed me how to lift up & than unhook. I got everything done(installed) except can't seem to lock in one side of the rear no matter how hard I tried. I may have to visit my friend again to have him do it;). I have to say that for seat covers these are very good & the quality shows throughout IMO. Don't get me wrong, they are nothing like the OEM leathers that came in my Lexus or the BMW I had but for seat covers they're the next best thing to factory or custom upholstery done & for the price it can't be beat. I wish I had bought it right after I bought my prii. It's all good though because it feels & smells like I got a new car again:D.

Dakine, I don't blame u for opting for the all black one as the contrasting stitching would look nice but to wait that long(at least 10 weeks or more) for something u want to put on right away is hard, I couldn't do it & didn't;) .

12. stillageek

stillageek Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    FWIW I ordered PVC Clazzio covers from Bean Garage on May 10th. They arrived today August 20th. Delay due to demand at the factory. Very happy with them though for my 2004 Prius.

13. bzyrice

bzyrice Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I had special ordered black with ivory stitching on 5/9/12.. It Finally Shipped out on 8/29/12... I am supposed to get it by 9/5/12 .. Cant wait to get them installed!!

14. stillageek

stillageek Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    One thing that I find odd is the armrest. I ordered Dark Grey Outer, Light Grey Inner with Light grey stitching. The armrest has regular grey stitching. I suspect the armrest are just mass produced....looks a little odd though.

15. r3dl4b3l

r3dl4b3l Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Mine shipped from Spark Toyota today! Arriving Tuesday finally!