1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Clean Air Sticker for Carpool Lane

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by danjakle, Jul 26, 2005.

1. danjakle

danjakle New Member

I have already tried to sign up for the clean air sticker at the Calif DMV. I filled it out and sent in my $8. Calif DMV sent it back because they said the Feds hadn't yet approved it. It allows owners of 45MPG cars to use the carpool lane as a single - only three - Prius, Honda Insight and Honda Civic Hybrid.

I heard it was supposed to be September 2005. Has anyone heard anything different?

2. Erick

Erick Member

http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/bdquery/z?d1...d109:h.r.00003:

This is where you can check out the bill. It has gone through The House and the Senate and they help a conference on it so now we just wait until they can iron out their differences and then Bush has to sign it. THEN, the DMV has to start accepting applications. IF this passes SOON, I would think maybe in November we could be driving in the carpool lanes... As you can see, I'm not holding my breath.... :(

3. hawkjm73

hawkjm73 New Member

Opps. Connection went down. Didn't think this post made it up.

4. hawkjm73

hawkjm73 New Member

I have been watching this site for updates.

NSSGA.org

I haven't done any verification on this group's information, so I will take thomas.gov as the official status.

It looks like they are trying to get this to W this week.

5. miketoyo

miketoyo Junior Member

danjakle,
    are the california forms available at the DMV? Tried to go online to "Forms", but none available yet.

has anyone asked at their local AAA auto club?

thank you
    mike

6. IsrAmeriPrius

IsrAmeriPrius Progressive Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
  7. Erick

Erick Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(hawkjm73\";p=\"110593)</div>
    That would be really great if they got it to W this week! Which site had this info?

8. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I've been posting updates in the Priuschat News section on this.

Currently the Highway is just about done. Wed. morning they are going to clean up a little and then hopefully send it for a vote that afternoon. If that happens it will be on the President's desk by the end of the week. If he signs it.....

*IF* he signs it it will take a few weeks for the CA DMV to get the forms up for us to fill out and send in our money. I'll be watching that almost daily as well. When it's up I'm sending in my money.

BTW, just in case...I'll be printing out whatever is on the site or I get in the mail and carrying copies in the car. Because I truly believe some cop or highway patrolman won't be up on the current law and will pull me over for driving in the HOV lane. (See that post about free parking in L.A.)

9. Erick

Erick Member

Thanks! Please keep us all updated. I'd just about given up hope but now it seem slike it might actually happen! I actually have a friend who has been riding in the carpool lanes in his 05 since CA approved it and has never been pulled over. He keeps tying to convince me to do it too but it's not worth it... I'll wait for the sticker! This bill won't affect my commute at all, but it will cut my wife's commute in half. So that means she gets the Prius and I get her sporty little G35 8)