1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Cleaning Leather Interior

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by smurf041, Jun 4, 2006.

1. smurf041

smurf041 New Member

Received a letter from SE Toyota thanking me for having them install leather at the port. They recommended using a neutral wool cleaner I assume Woolite. Any thoughts?

Smurf

2. mtsarpilot

mtsarpilot Junior Member

Smurf,

You mention a leather install at the port. I was not aware that this was an option. I have a package #6 on order and was planning to put leather in aftermarket. I have a number of questions if you can offer your thoughts here:

1) Was this ordered through your Toyota dealer as part of the purchase of the vehicle and done by Toyota at the port?

2) How much did this cost?

3) Did they do the seats, all 4 door arm rests, and the center console? Did they also leather wrap the steering wheel?

4) Is the leather now covered as part of your Toyota standard warranty?

5) Are you happy with the quality of the leather work?

6) Is the leather the perforated leather, the same as the stock leather in a package #8?

Thanks for your insights,

Joel

3. IsrAmeriPrius

IsrAmeriPrius Progressive Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mtsarpilot @ Jun 4 2006, 08:45 PM) [snapback]265813[/snapback]</div>
    The port installed leather option is available only in the Southeast and Gulf regions where independent distributors import the cars. In the rest of the country Toyota vehicles are imported by Toyota Motor Corporation, USA, which is owned by the Japanese Toyota Motor Corporation. TMC does not offer port installed leather upholstery in the cars that it imports.

4. smurf041

smurf041 New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(IsrAmeriPrius @ Jun 4 2006, 11:56 PM) [snapback]265819[/snapback]</div>
    The SE Toyota distributor JM Enterprises does install leather, mud guards, etc at the port. I had a package 7 and the leather seats are excellent. Cost with the package including side curtain airbags was about $1800.

Smurf

5. yonamac

yonamac New Member

Vehicle:
    1999 Prius
    Model:
    I

does it really works?