1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Cleaning Prius windows

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by bobdest1, Aug 8, 2007.

1. bobdest1

bobdest1 New Member

I'm not a prius owner but I drive a prius where I work. I've always wondered how folks clean the interior windows in their cars in general, but with the Prius it seems even more of an issue.

How do you reach those long windows in such a tight area?

I'll be up front, I'm a small (and small is an uderstatement) business owner that just created a product for this task. I think this is something that is getting more prevalent in today's autos. Governments mandate better fuel economy, that leads to better aerodynamics....eventually that means longer windshields and rear windows.

This isn't a sales job as much as it is a fact finding mission. If you'd like, check out the product at

www.windwon.com

and tell me what you think. If you happen to buy one, post your feedback here as well.

Thanks!

-Bob

2. seasalsa

seasalsa Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bobdest1 @ Aug 8 2007, 04:17 PM) [snapback]492704[/snapback]</div>
    I use a similar product called Glassmaster, it looks like the Glassmaster shape is preferable to yours. What are the advantages of your design?

3. bobdest1

bobdest1 New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(seasalsa @ Aug 8 2007, 07:31 PM) [snapback]492731[/snapback]</div>
    For starters, the Glass master is made for all windows, not your car windows. They advertise that it's good for autos as well and I agree, it's certainly better than using just your hand and a paper towel.

My design has a couple advantages to that product....

1. A wider/larger cleaning surface so you don't have to take as long doing the job.

2. An ergonomically friendly handle that is more comfortable to hold and allows you to provide greater pressure to the window. You're not pushing on a straght stick...it's bent allowing a better pushing surface.

3. The contact surface of my hinged plate has a built in curve to match the curve of the average auto windshield (as it curves left to right), therefore providing more even distribution of pressure.

4. Price...my product is under $10 where thiers is $15.

Straight up I'll tell you where my product falls short....it's not as good at cleaning your bathroom mirror, but it still does a decent job because I've tried it...lol.

I made this product for cars, and I have yet to see another product made exclusively for cars. I did it because I'm the guy in my house that washes my cars. I don't mind washing the outside, waxing, vaccuming the interior...but the part that bugged me was the front and back window.

That's how this thing got started.

4. apriusfan

apriusfan New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bobdest1 @ Aug 8 2007, 07:14 PM) [snapback]492769[/snapback]</div>
    Necessity is the mother of invention.

FWIW, there is another product out there that does a similar function:

http://www.griotsgarage.com/catalog.jsp?L1...1&SKU=90247

The Griots product costs more, but I like the articulating pad-handle joint.

5. redrockprius

redrockprius redrockprius

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bobdest1 @ Aug 8 2007, 05:17 PM) [snapback]492704[/snapback]</div>
    Well, I'm not so sure it isn't a sales pitch but, nevertheless, count me as a very satisfied buyer. There is just no way I can maneuver my 6-foot, 210-pound, 73-year-old body into a position where I can wash the inside of that front windshield. But this product makes it easy -- and it's also effective! Great idea, well implemented.

6. bobdest1

bobdest1 New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(RedRockPrius @ Sep 21 2007, 08:26 PM) [snapback]516021[/snapback]</div>
    Well, when you're in business I guess everything is a sales pitch. But I'm glad to hear it makes part of your life a bit easier. That is the point after all.

I hope to make this product available to the masses soon. Thanks for your evaluation and feedback.

-Bob

(FYI - our product has a hinged joint between the handle and contact plate as well....for less than half the price)