1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Cleaning Products

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by lgamber1, Oct 9, 2007.

1. lgamber1

lgamber1 New Member

Hi all,

So I've been a little obsessive about keeping my three week old prius as clean as possible. My husband was riding in the passenger seat over the weekend and made a small scuff mark on the glove compartment with his shoe (grr!). Feet on glove compartment = unacceptable! Anyway, I made several attempts to get the scuff mark off, and in the process, it seems I've only made it WORSE. I first used water on a clean towel, then armoral wipes, then an LCD wipe I had in the car for the display screen, then water again. Nothing seems to work, and the scuff has now grown to a large dusty looking spot.

So, I was wondering if anyone has some suggestions for cleaning such a spot and about particular products you use--the spot is on the grainy part, not the actual dash. Thanks in advance.

2. Rae Vynn

Rae Vynn Artist In Residence

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
  3. lgamber1

lgamber1 New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rae Vynn @ Oct 9 2007, 07:08 PM) [snapback]523385[/snapback]</div>
    Thanks for the info. I just ordered some of the 303 cleaner and protectant. I hope it works and is worth the price! Now I just have to be patient and leave the spot alone until the cleaner arrives!

4. lgamber1

lgamber1 New Member

tried the 303 cleaner on the glove box. it didn't work at all. :( i have some goo gone and was thinking of trying it, but i'm not sure if it would be okay to use. ugh. i'm so frustrated. any other suggestions?

i did get some of the 303 protectant, and i really like it. used it on the dash, and it looks really nice.

5. dogfriend

dogfriend Human - Animal Hybrid

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius