1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Clear Bra for 2006 or 2007 Prius

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by martymca2, Aug 20, 2006.

1. martymca2

martymca2 New Member

Does anyone have Clear Bra protection on the front of their Prius? I've had it for 2 years on the front and frontface of the outside mirrors on the SUV I intend to trade, would love it on the Prius. Also, any suggestions for protection on the rear bumper?
    Thanks!

2. TheForce

TheForce Stop War! Lets Rave! Make Love!

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I have the 3M clear bra on the hood, front bumper, and mirrors. I like it a lot and would recommend getting one ASAP because this car is a rock magnet. As for the rear bumper I have the clear 3M type plastic for the top that my dealer put on. It has PRIUS printed on it and is available from your parts department. I also have a black plastic one I got from Sigma but I have not decided if I want to put it on just yet.

3. Rangerdavid

Rangerdavid Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    I'm not even sure if the black bra is out yet for the 2006, is it??? I know Sigma only has the black bra for the 04-05 models, not 06. I assume the black bra toyota lists in its accessories department online will fit the 2006.

However, if theforce decides he doesn't want his rear bumper protector, I'll buy it off of you. Just PM me. The 3m clear bra is very, very nice, its also much more expensive than the black one.

4. mee081224

mee081224 New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    II
    clear is more expensive then black, so then what is the crap they are selling on ebay for $20? Do you have pics of what the clear bra looks like and what it looks like on the car? I want to get a bra too, but my car is black, so the black bra may not be bad, and i can take it on and off

5. Bill Merchant

Bill Merchant absit invidia

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Um, Massimo, it's clear, you can't see it. If you want to see a black vinyl bra on a black Prius, look at Galaxee's pics.

Marty2, if you likes the clear bra on your SUV, you'll love it on your Prius. Theforce is right, it's a rock magnet. You might also consider having the paint protection film put on the pillers next to the windshield and across the roof for a foot above the windshield. I have this configuration, and even so I have little chips where the film isn't, like the upper corner of the headlamp. I also got a thicker film over the headlamps and fog lights. Everything still looks almost brand new.

6. mee081224

mee081224 New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I never seen this film before, so how does it protect the car if it is only a film, and also how do you wash your car. Is it like adding another layer of gloss on the car as to make it stronger, it just seems weird you would put some type of film, that can never come off...im soo lost